Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slings for my 590A1?

Feedback Score

Slings for my 590A1?

What tactical slings work with my Mossberg 590A1? I would like to sling it the way my M15A4 hangs with the Viking Tactics 2 point adj. sling. I've looked at the Specter Gear 3 point adjustable CQB sling. Any others I could consider? Do I need to get a separate adapter for the front portion that mounts or attaches to the tubular mag? Do you suggest I sling it or go without a sling? (from a "practical" perspective -- I'm too old for the "cool factor" ).
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    I had the same thought, also with a 590A1. I ended up buying a Giles 3-point, which comes with the front adaptor, BTW, and then taping it up and using it as a side 2-point once I got it adjusted the way I liked it.

Feedback Score
    Mojo,
    Try a Mesa Tactical Mossberg sling swivel mount that is easily mounted on the rear of the receiver. Then if you have a sling loop on the magazine tube you can easily use a VT two point sling. Three point slings on a slide action shot gun (or any long gun IMHO) will only frustrate you.

S/F

Feedback Score

Sling

FJB: I hear ya. I'm not keen on the 3 point sling for a shotgun. I'd like to use a 2 point much like the Viking Tactics set up with an adapter on the stock and a side sling mount that I saw on the Specter Gear site. The Mesa Tactical, correct me if I'm wrong, requires me to replace the trigger pin?
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    Mojo,
    You are correct. The trigger pin is replaced with a steel bolt.

S/F

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the CQB Solutions/Specter 3-point on my 590s. I use it mostly as a two-point. Functional.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    I have the CQB Solutions/Specter 3-point on my 590s. I use it mostly as a two-point. Functional.
    Do you have any issues with it hanging up when you go to pump your 590? Do you have the pistol grip or the standard stock?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo58 View Post
    Do you have any issues with it hanging up when you go to pump your 590? Do you have the pistol grip or the standard stock?
    No. Conventional stock, short LOP.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Mojo,
    Recommend short LOP (12") stocks if possible. Most stocks are too long for a fighting shotgun.

S/F

Feedback Score
    I purchased the stock item (#51517). How do I obtain a short LOP stock? Does Mossberg offer the item? The term "LOP", does it refer to the length of the stock or the distance to cycle the action?
    Last edited by Mojo58; 06-28-07 at 21:53. Reason: additional info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast