Thread: USPSA - Production vids with Gen 4, Glock 17

Feedback Score

USPSA - Production vids with Gen 4, Glock 17

Thought I'd run a thread where I can post up some of my match vids with the new Gen 4, G17... I have another thread here where I've posted some steel matches with various production guns, but I'm going to be running the Gen 4 for a while... Lots of talk about these guns and guys are curious how they compare to previous models. I've been shooting glocks for over 20 years now and the Gen 4 is a little better... For those that are curious, my Gen 4 is totally stock with the exception of a new 3.5lb connector. I'm running the first version of the dual recoil spring, not the num 2 marked spring or an aftermarket spring. I'm shooting atlanta arms and ammo 115jhp which is softer than almost all factory loads... I did a polish job on the trigger and am running the Gen 4 trigger bar, not a Gen 3 trigger bar like others are using. The trigger breaks very clean at about 4lbs. I installed a set of Dawson Precision Charger sights, which is his newest version fixed sight and it simply rocks..... Enjoy the vids...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huITVQmMMXU

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Rock on brother. I'm loving mine too. I'm using Ameriglo Defoor sights a Ghost 3.5lb connector a 3rd Gen trigger bar and a Jensen-Ready modificated recoil spring. I will be shooting this gun at Area 8, the Mid-Atlantic match and art the NC Sectional. My M&P Pro will be taking some R&R.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    My Alpha count was higher than normal today - I just picked this one up about 2 weeks ago and had maybe 250 rds through it before the match today. Also Robb thanks for the info on how you were setting up your trigger... Much appreciated....

I'm going to shoot a steel match tomorrow with it, but I'm going to run the mags at capacity and shoot Limited. I think my next big match will be the N. Tx sectional championships in Sept.

Feedback Score
    gotm4, could you explain a jensen-ready modificated recoil spring.
    Thanks Brad

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWW View Post
    gotm4, could you explain a jensen-ready modificated recoil spring.
    Thanks Brad
    Shortened recoil spring on a Gen 4 Glock 17 (earlier than 02 spring).

Feedback Score
    Thanks gotm4, has anyone you know tried one of the alternatives like the jager rod or the bushing for gen 3 rods on the gen 4's. - Brad

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWW View Post
    Thanks gotm4, has anyone you know tried one of the alternatives like the jager rod or the bushing for gen 3 rods on the gen 4's. - Brad
    I have one of the Jagers and installed a Gen 3 Glock 17 recoil spring on it. It works fine like that and feels just like a Gen 3 gun. On my Gen 4 recoil spring I cut 6 coils off the large spring, it works fine like that for 115gr and 124gr ball (SAAMI spec) and I have tried heavier 147gr with it yet.