Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock AD GSW at Match

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    So the guy who got shot is a friend of David Hineline? Interesting.

ETA: Haha, I just checked the original thread, and sure enough, it is David Hineline's friend.
    Who is David Hineline?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    Who is David Hineline?
    An NFA dealer as far as I know.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    Who is David Hineline?
    He is an 07/02 FFL/Manuf. from Nebraska, as I recall. He is typically fairly knowledgeable on NFA items and other small arms, but he is curt, abrasive, and a little condescending with mundane questions or topics.

No big deal, but some people tire of that quickly.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hopefully this will serve as a continued reminder that gun games are not always fun and games.

We ARE playing with WEAPONS here...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    From your socks to your shirt? Do they come in Nude for when I wear shorts? I guess that would help with my sock drooping problem. Just afraid one side would let go and SPROOONG, I'm walking with a tilt.

Almost kinky. Does the Rose go in the front or the back???

Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 07-22-10 at 15:18.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    From your socks to your shirt? Do they come in Nude when I wear shorts? Almost kinky. Does the Rose go in the front or the back???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Y'all found the thread

Serpa style holsters may have a place, just not on me

The OP could be describing the chain of events not completely accurately as it was not the main purpose of his post

I think Rob is probably onto something as he probably loaded pistol, then rifle, then buzzer, then

I think the shooter & SO failed, but I believe MANY SOs would miss the shirt tail in the holster and it is ultimately the shooter's responsibility to be safe.

I just thought it was a good example of how simple "unexpected" things can bite you and that we must look out for those "unexpected" things when handling firearms. Stay safe
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    While it sucks he shot himself, it was either the holster or his own incompetence at making sure there was nothing in the way of the gun when he re-inserted it. That's why I don't like SERPA holsters and prefer my Safariland or regular kydex holsters like the Supertuck I bought. No buttons or other crap to get caught in the trigger guard.

It wasn't the gun... the retard that shot me tried pinning his ND on the fact that there is "no safety" on the Glock. While there is no EXTERNAL THUMB SAFETY... it's not hard to NOT shoot holes in things you don't want holes in if you pay attention to where your friggin' finger's at.

(I'm a little mad about that right now, my arm has been killing me for the last two days due to changing weather in my area and a couple hours of therapy)

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Obviously 2, if not 3, of the 4 cardinal firearm safety rules were violated. Sorry, no sympathy here. BTW Serpa holsters suck.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 07-22-10 at 23:31.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    While we all seem to agree this should not have happened the fact is that not reholstering your shirt/with a striker fired no thumb safety weapon/using a popular yet questionable holster design/with less than optimal wardrobe choices..........is not commonly taught and could happen to MANY shooters with the right well intentioned mindset on safety and training. I am also a climber and I constantly run across climbers that climb well and have an enormous amount of "dude" training passed from one dude to the next and "genuinely think" they know.
    In weaponry I was trained 20 years ago by some of the best (in my neck of the bush) and have believed that I was an expert only to later discover that I was a "professional" who was NOT an "expert" which I have now found to be the norm amongst many dangerous disciplines. I just think this is a good case of teaching us to be aware of the "loose ends of training" amongst our art than can hurt us and that we have to learn to anticipate such things for ourselves and others we shoot with...the more I learn the more I am aware of how little I know...share the knowledge
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast