Thread: Full-House Colt Stainless Series 70...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Full-House Colt Stainless Series 70...

A few weeks ago there was a thread on LTW about what exactly constitutes a “full-house” custom. As I understand it “full-house” used to mean a gun with every available option. However, considering the work that is currently being produced along with the vast innovation and greater amount of modifications now available on the pistols, I think the gun no longer has to have everything on it but rather be a complete build with every area addressed. As another consideration, one ‘smiths “full-house” may differ from the next, especially considering dissimilar skill levels. But all and all I still believe that a “full-house” ride should still live up to the basics of the original definition.

There was some good dialog posted in the original thread but I stayed away, however, had I replied I think this gun would have been one of the many good examples of just what I consider to be a full-house gun from my bench.

This gun doesn’t have “everything” on it as you’ll note the blasted frame flats and lack of inserts in the sights but it’s a complete conversion with everything that needs addressing taken care of along with a bevy of options that go along way to making the gun better shooting for the life of the owner such as hand checkered front and back strap, weld-up frame and slide fit, Wilson “Bulletproof” extractor secured by an EGW square bottom firing pin stop, lowered and flared ejection port, Kart barrel, hand-beveled mag-well, extended ejector, etc.

Further making it a “full-house” effort are all the niceties that we do to the guns... not necessarily required on every build these are the options that really make a gun “full-house” such as flattened and serrated slide top, serrated rear of slide, chisel beveled and polished barrel bushing, bordered slide, slightly extended mag-catch with polished edge, complete line straightening on frame and slide, slightly rounded butt, and so on. Full-house is as full-house does...

Enjoy the pictures...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Clean and beautiful.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    Jason,

I am not a stainless 1911 fan. But that is a good looking piece.

I am still running the 1* you built on a Colt S70 for me last year. It has been 100% thus far, and I have banged a good 8K rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Very nice!
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I actually like the blasted frame flats better. Very nice 1911.