Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like the HK416 is in use with LE . . .

Looks like the HK416 is in use with LE . . .

It looks like the US Capital Police are running some HK416s.

http://www.hkpro.com/hk416.htm

For the Worlds Best Gunfighter Training
    Please visit http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/gunfighters

www.BravoCompanyUSA.com

www.BravoCompanyMFG.com

1 - 877 - BRAVO CO

Semper Fi !

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It says they're replacing their G36s with the 416.

Feedback Score
    Guys- that is over a year old. I had the opportunity to train them in May of 05, and their CERT Team had just replaced their MP 5's with 10.5" 416's. and mini ACOG's.
    The patrol officers replaced the troublesome G36's with RRA guns from the FBI contract.
    The G36's were unable to hold a zero after 60-90 rounds, and the variation was great. The perfect people had all kind of solutions which amounted to the fact that the G36 sucked.
    Short answer. A few 416's are in service with the tac team. The RRA Government Model AR's are in service in larger numbers with their patrol officers.
    Hope that clears things up.

Feedback Score
    Wes Grant posted that he sold the Troy front and rear flip sights for said rifles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would be more interested if HKO decided to sell these uppers to Civilians. So I guess I'll have to just keep my current system running....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers
    Guys- that is over a year old. I had the opportunity to train them in May of 05, and their CERT Team had just replaced their MP 5's with 10.5" 416's. and mini ACOG's.
    The patrol officers replaced the troublesome G36's with RRA guns from the FBI contract.
    The G36's were unable to hold a zero after 60-90 rounds, and the variation was great. The perfect people had all kind of solutions which amounted to the fact that the G36 sucked.
    Short answer. A few 416's are in service with the tac team. The RRA Government Model AR's are in service in larger numbers with their patrol officers.
    Hope that clears things up.
    Pat, what are your thoughts on the 416? Worthwhile improvement or neither fish nor fowl?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SAW_5.56
    Pat, what are your thoughts on the 416? Worthwhile improvement or neither fish nor fowl?
    Wait for it...Wait for it...

Man you opened up a can with this one!

Feedback Score
    Which is better the LW or the 416?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The guys I know over there were very happy to replace their G36s with the 416, but like Pat said, I think it was at least a year ago that they picked them up.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    They replaced their G36's with RRA AR's.......
    The RRA guns were rolling in around March 05 (i think), but the 416's only had 20 rounds through them when we started the course.
    All of the guns- the RRA AR's and the 416's were new. While there were some ammo problems, none of the guns had any operating issues during the class- a pleasant surprise.
    This is a break from my average open enrollment classes wehn students show up with poor quality guns, mags and no lube....

SAW- I don't design guns, don't sell guns- i'm only a trigger puller. I like the idea that people look for new things.

I'm not sure that it is necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast