Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In IDPA and Conflicted

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaTactical View Post
    Where is this classifier match?......
    This particular match is at Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club in Charlottesville ( http://sites.google.com/site/rivannaap/home ).

Several different clubs around Virginia hold IDPA matches on a monthly basis, including classifiers several times throughout the year, and for which the best overall source of information is the Yahoo user group VAIDPA.
    Last edited by blackscot; 07-28-10 at 07:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    This particular match is at Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club in Charlottesville ( http://sites.google.com/site/rivannaap/home ).

Several different clubs around Virginia hold IDPA matches on a monthly basis, including classifiers several times throughout the year, and for which the best overall source of information is the Yahoo user group VAIDPA.
    Thank you!
    Noel A. Robleto
    Instructor / Owner
    Virginia Tactical
    noel@virginia-tactical.com
    703-439-9321

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaTactical View Post
    Thank you!
    10-4.

Hope to see you join us. I'm one of the Cavalier irregulars, and can also be found skulking around Rivanna from time-to-time.
    Last edited by blackscot; 07-28-10 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    You are the one who will win the gun fight because you practiced with what you carry! If you have a race gun at home in the safe when the ballon goes up it will not do you any good. With all of the reps on you G19 you will be well prepared. I do not think there is an issue if you choose to use a G17 or G35 but I would keep it as close to the G19 you carry daily ie trigger, sights, slide stop, mag release and magwell.

Three of the guys I work with have tru glo fiber optic/tritium night sights. I have not shot them but was amazed by how bright they were compared to my standard glock night sights.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score

Stuck at Sharpshooter level?

I understand your frustration. I was a perenial SS in IDPA in 3 divisions for too many years. I finally broke free and made expert with (of all things) a GLOCK. I always considered myself a 1911 shooter and CDP is my division. At 55 and with eyesight that gets worse every year, I finally did it. I moved up by winning SS Class at a sanctioned match. Prior to that match, I was practicing regularly and dry-firing and polishing up my reloads (slide lock and retention). It all helped. So don't despair. Keep at it and you'll break the SS barrier.
    JT45

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Blackscot, just saw the scores from today at Rivanna and congrats on making it to SSP Ex! Did you do it with your G19?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    Blackscot, just saw the scores from today at Rivanna and congrats on making it to SSP Ex! Did you do it with your G19?
    Thanks Spence. And yes, see new thread here https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...199#post740199

Feedback Score
    I went through this question a few years back and decided I wanted to win at the game. So I gunsmithed one of my pistols, researched gamer reloads and did a lot of dry-fire. My shooting level in IDPA and USPSA did a huge jump up. After a while I started drifting back to real world pistols and found that I was still just as good without the match trigger and such. I still like my tuned pistol, it is just so easy to shoot well. It has more to do with the amount and quality of practice/training you can afford to do. Reloading is a big help with afford-a-bility.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123