Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: LWRC or LMT

Feedback Score
    The gas piston, the forend & rail system, the 20" barrel (not available with LMT yet), the side charging handle, the Magpul furniture, ambi bolt release etc... It just seemed to me that I got a WHOLE LOT more for the extra $$. I would have had to dump alot of coin into the LMT to get where I am with the REPR, and I'd still have a 16" barreled DI gun. I'm not knocking DI, I get the whole "solution looking for a problem" thing. It's just that personally, I like shooting and not cleaning. You can put 50 rounds through a piston gun and not even know you shot it, but 50 rounds through DI and the gun's already hot and filthy.
    I guess in the end it was three things that "put me over the edge" so to speak, it was the 20" barrel, gas piston, and the side charging handle that did it for me.
    “They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness shall reap the same.” Job 4:8

Feedback Score
    I guess it boils down to what works for you. For me, a DI gun works just fine, specially on a DMR type rifle, I've been trained with the M16 and in LE with an AR. A side charging handle would be a handicap for me, since all those years of training have built up muscle memorie using the rear charging handle. For this reason I chose the MWS for a long range rifle. Both rifles seem to be able to do what they were made to do very well, so it all boils down to personal preference. A range report for both rifles (same BBL length) comparing accuracy would be interesting though.
    Last edited by OTO27; 08-10-10 at 01:26.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinestBh View Post
    ...I've never seen the need for a gas piston on an AR
    ...I DON'T like the idea of having reciprocating mass (gas piston) attached to the barrel of a precision rifle.
    ...The LWRC seems to be pretty damn accurate, even with the piston bouncing around
    ...I wouldn't base any decision on whether or not a particular gun was piston driven or not.

...The gas piston...
    ...I'd still have a 16" barreled DI gun.
    ...I got a WHOLE LOT more
    ...I like shooting and not cleaning. You can put 50 rounds through a piston gun and not even know you shot it, but 50 rounds through DI and the gun's already hot and filthy.
    Looks like quite a "change of heart."

Feedback Score
    Not so much a change of heart, more like I'm slowly coming around from my old beliefs... I STILL don't see the NEED for a piston on an AR, but they sure are nice (as I stated earlier, I like shooting and not cleaning)... As far as my opinion on the reciprocating mass, the LWRC IS pretty damn accurate, even with the piston bouncing around (I can admit when I'm wrong)... I also only PARTLY based my decision on the piston, it was the overall package that sold me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Has anybody pointed out the fact that one of these rifles is actually winning wars on battlefields as we speak and the other one of these rifles has....well, spent the last yr. working through several problems.

One of these guns has a straight up, no bullshit confirmed kill on a Taliban soldier at just shy of 1300M (no typo)....this particular gun has had 100% feedback to say the least from the civilian markets since its release while the other gun has had quite a few end users report back with a number of problems, and basically had negative feedback to leave on either an aspect or the overall rifle itself.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Not so much a change of heart, more like I'm slowly coming around from my old beliefs... I STILL don't see the NEED for a piston on an AR, but they sure are nice (as I stated earlier, I like shooting and not cleaning)... As far as my opinion on the reciprocating mass, the LWRC IS pretty damn accurate, even with the piston bouncing around (I can admit when I'm wrong)... I also only PARTLY based my decision on the piston, it was the overall package that sold me.
    Yeah, I was just joking around with you, hence the emoticon. I surely didn't mean to turn your thread into another pissing match (e.g., Trident's comments). I have been interested in the REPR since it was intro'd, and I am glad that you are enjoying it!

Feedback Score
    I understood and you are right, it's quite a turnaround from my earlier posts. I guess it's a testament to the selling abilities of my gun guy. In the end though I'm happy with my decision, and that's what counts... I have noticed quite a few LWRC "haters", and even more LMT "cheerleaders" on this site. The cheerleaders seem to offer insight, while the haters never seem to have anything constructive to say.

Feedback Score
    DEA FAST teams are using the REPR in Afghanistan as we speak. They have other agencies using their weapons to include the REPR.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think it should match the Rock River Arms Car-A4 DEA Carbines quite nicely then.

Currently as we speak, there are 10 total DEA FAST agents operating in A-stan so perhaps there could be a grand total of 2-3 rifles but I kinda doubt it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    I think it should match the Rock River Arms Car-A4 DEA Carbines quite nicely then.

Currently as we speak, there are 10 total DEA FAST agents operating in A-stan so perhaps there could be a grand total of 2-3 rifles but I kinda doubt it.
    The RRAs have been slowly disappearing from DEA use over the past year for reasons that you have alluded. Agents can buy a version of the LWRCI M6A2 for personal purchase and there were some Colts floating around Kabul last summer in DEA hands.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567