Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Clicky Tail Cap for SureFire

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Looking for Clicky Tail Cap for SureFire

Looking for a clicky tail cap for SureFire 6P/G2 LED. I was looking at the options from Surefire and they have two to choose from, the Z49 and Z59. Anyone have an opinion either way or know of a major difference?
    Z49

Z59

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I've been running my Surefires with the Z59 clickies for a while with zero issues. I had originally used the Z49 but found them hard to activate especially when shooting with the Surefire/syringe method. (It seemed that the high rubber lip made depressing the button hard.) As a result I switched exclusively to the Z59 style. Momentary mode works great as well as click modes...
    BTW, I've not experienced a situation where the button was accidentally depressed activating the light.
    Last edited by demkofour; 07-27-10 at 22:19. Reason: Addeed info

Feedback Score
    Looks like the 49 is designed to protect the button from accidentally turning it on.

Which ever you get, if it ever stops clicky'ing put a drop of oil on the mechanism. Says so right in the manual, i was pissed till I remembered that I read that. works great now.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If this is for a handheld light, the z49 might let you tailstand the light for area-lighting of a room during things like a power outage.

If mounted on a weapon, I'd pick the z59, as I prefer the exposed button as I find it a bit easier to activate with arthritis in the thumbs...
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I like the button cover on the tail caps I have for keeping the light from getting clicked on in a case or something.

If the Z59 is stiff, however, I bet accidental activation would not be a problem.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I like the button cover on the tail caps I have for keeping the light from getting clicked on in a case or something.

If the Z59 is stiff, however, I bet accidental activation would not be a problem.
    The Z49 (shrouded) is significantly wider and longer than the Z59 and makes a light almost look like a dumbbell, well a light girly dumbbell at least

The Z59 is pretty good for accidental activation and I have not had any problems, but it takes less pressure to turn it on than a regular twisty. See below for another option that includes a "hard press" rubber tailcap option if you are really concerned about it. You can get a complete tailcap or just a drop-in kit for your twisty.

http://www.oveready.com/surefire-upg...-/prod_23.html

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic303 View Post
    If this is for a handheld light, the z49 might let you tailstand the light for area-lighting of a room during things like a power outage.

If mounted on a weapon, I'd pick the z59, as I prefer the exposed button as I find it a bit easier to activate with arthritis in the thumbs...
    This is the application that I use them the Z49 with a handlheld because is allows for the tail stand (like when I am working under a Sink) and the Z59 on the weapon. The Z49 makes for a "longer light" which I am not necessarly looking for on a weapons light.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The Z49 (shrouded) is significantly wider and longer than the Z59 and makes a light almost look like a dumbbell, well a light girly dumbbell at least
    My gun mounted Solarforce lights already look like that.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    My gun mounted Solarforce lights already look like that.

Nice! I think your mount cost more than your light :P

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It did!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast