Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .22 conversion

Feedback Score

.22 conversion

Who makes the best and the cheapest .22 conversion? and is there any problems with using one?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    CMMG makes a cheap one but I like my Spikes kit better. Runs great in my SBR and it cleans up nice.....
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know who makes the "best" (maybe Spikes) but I've had good experience with the CMMG variant in the 5,000 or so rounds I've shot through it.
    I got mine from Palmetto with three Black Dog Mfg. magazines for like 169 or so.
    Last edited by opmike; 07-28-10 at 03:19.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    I have the standard, park'd CMMG kit and have put over 2,500 rounds through it and love it. I had a couple hiccups during break-in, but I expected it. I love it though! After showing off mine, I got three more people to order a kit for their AR's. All have been performing great in a variety of rifles.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have an older ceiner kit that I got long before the CMMG kit was available. If I were doing it again I would get the CMMG through Brownells due to their return policy and customer service.

Feedback Score
    I have been very happy with my Spikes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonhgross View Post
    I have an older ceiner kit that I got long before the CMMG kit was available. If I were doing it again I would get the CMMG through Brownells due to their return policy and customer service.
    I also have an older Ceiner kit, and if I was buying one again today, I would also buy the CMMG through Brownells.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I am planning on getting one of these in the near future, mid to late August, and am wondering what kind of problems to expect during break in and aproximately how many rounds it takes to break in.

Also would it be better to get a stainless one or a parked one?

What mags work with the cmmg kit?
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    What weight buffer are you guys using?
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    What weight buffer are you guys using?
    The conversion kits don't use the buffer/spring to cycle. There's no where near enough force from .22 LR to cycle the action if they did. Or is this an unrelated question?

What mags work with the cmmg kit?
    I believe the Black Dog Mfg. magazines are regarded as being among the best. I've had good luck with them, they are durable, and you can take them apart for cleaning.

Also would it be better to get a stainless one or a parked one?
    Both will work fine. The stainless and nickel models will probably be a little easier to clean. With my park'd model, I just soak mine in some CLP, and most of the carbon rubs off easy enough.

And for anyone looking to order, this is the lowest price I've seen online so far. You get a choice of 3 free magazines form either CMMG or Black Dog.

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/sp6.php
    Last edited by opmike; 07-28-10 at 18:15.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast