Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: .22 conversion

Feedback Score
    29 (97%)
    CMMG all the way, they make a SS one now and its alot easier to clean, it runs with all kinds of ammo even the bulk bricks you can get at walmart. The only thing that sucks is the magazines are a little $$$.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Semper Paratus AR-15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why do you think the magas are pricey??
    $19.95 is cheaper than Black Dog.
    The newer ones with the BHOA set up are more. $27.95

There is another mag CMMG is working on that will be real nice, but not available yet. Don't know the price on that one.
    http://http://cmmginc.secure-mall.co...shop=1&cat=151
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    I love my Spikes .22lr conversion kit. I run it on my 10.5" sbr with a SWR Spectre. Shooting Rem Sub-Sonics all you hear is the tiny bolt slap. I giggled tmy way through the first mag.

Saiga S12 is my new Homeland Defense weapon.

Feedback Score
    I have the older ciener and it's been great and reliable when wet.
    my bil has a spikes (2) and they have been great also, he had to send 1 back because the rails where bent and since it has been great.

I would think the cmmg would also be nice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    According to Tom Miller, Spikes is discontinueing the conversion kits. They will offer dedicated uppers.

The bent rails can happen. It will mess up the whole operation. CMMG suggest not taking the unit apart for cleaning. But if you have to for some reason, there is a "go/no go' gauge built into the bolt.
    Those little additions are what I find so nice about the CMMG Evolution. There's almost too much to remember.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
    According to Tom Miller, Spikes is discontinueing the conversion kits. They will offer dedicated uppers.

The bent rails can happen. It will mess up the whole operation. CMMG suggest not taking the unit apart for cleaning. But if you have to for some reason, there is a "go/no go' gauge built into the bolt.
    Those little additions are what I find so nice about the CMMG Evolution. There's almost too much to remember.
    Yeah that told me something.........

Feedback Score
    I picked up a stainless CMMG kit from Palmetto State Armory during their summer sale. It came with three Black Dog mags and the loader. I cleaned and lubed the kit and then went shooting with it.

The first time out I shot 150 rounds of Winchester 555 bulk pack through a Stag 2H with no issues. Second time out I burned up the remainder of the bulk pack and about 50 rounds of Auto-Match.

I had two failures in the second session, both with the Winchester bulk pack. The first was a failure to fire with no indent on the back of the cartridge. It fired fine the second time through. Second issue was a stove pipe. Cleared it and went on firing with no issues.

So far I really like having the kit because it gives me the opportunity to learn the trigger and sights on my AR without having to drive for an hour to get to an outdoor range.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glad to hear it. Remember to buzz the chamber after shooting. It really helps to get the crud out.
    Dave

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234