Thread: LMT purple reciever ?

Feedback Score

LMT purple reciever ?

Guys, I have a brand new LMT Defender compleat factory lower that is purple- black in color under bright light. It has a very distinct purple tinge. Has anyone else ever encountered this with theirs. I am at compleat loss. I have seen degrees of gray/black but never purple. Please, someone chime in.

ullie

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    It sounds like a problem Bushmaster has had with their recievers. Possibally not left in the dye long enough. I would contact LMT about replacing it if it bothers you, I have had my share of purple bushys over the years that all went back.

Feedback Score
    How does it shoot? I shoot my rifles; heck, I pretty much treat them like tools. It wouldn't bother me if it was just cosmetic, but it's not my rifle, so give them a call if you don't like it.

Feedback Score
    I had a few recievers come in several months back that had the purple hue to them. The newer ones are back to black. I liked the purple so much I kept a upper and lower group for a Barney gun. After I cleaned and wiped it down with CLP the damn thing turned black. Oh well cant have too many LMT's in the safe!