Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which S&B?

Feedback Score

SPR Precison Glass

My choice boiled down to (the "standard") Leupy Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40, the USO SN3 1.8-10 and the S&B 3-12 Military.
    Problems...the Leupy is not FFP and does not match the metric reticle to the MOA adjustments. The USO seems to fit the bill but it is very heavy and basically the same size as the S&B and has the huge disadvantage of being 100% custom that is non-refundable, and USO does not seem too responsive in terms of CS (at least they do not respond to my emails, and they have recently lost a lawsuit to Unertl so will they be around in ten years?). The S&B seems to have it all with the drawbacks of size and price, but I can purchase one from SWAFA and return it if I can't stand it. I actually bought a NF 3.5-15x50 NXS and returned it because I could not stand the fact that the lit reticle is not readily adjustable (something NF does not mention on their website)...thank God I bought it from Midway who promptly refunded my $.
    I will be using this rifle at Valhalla's Tactical Precision Rifle course this October with practical ranges out to 400+ yards, but I hope to be able to utilize the weapon out to 600m with 77s as has been reported in the sandbox, and it will pull double-duty as a varminter. Probably won't be humping it very far.

Feedback Score
    I think you answered your own question. The S&B matches what you need for the gun and circumstance that the gun will be used for. Big price tag for the scope but they are some very fine optics.

There are only three types: Trained, Un-trained or JAFO.
    Which one are you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12