Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SHTF flashlight

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SHTF flashlight

Got my new Solarforce in today

Feedback Score
    never heard of it. how much? how many lumens? it's different looking but does it work? it's pretty hard to beat a streamlight stylus pro for a small light. and they are usually less than $20 i have a few and they are worth much more. hope that works for you when it does hit the fan...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I almost bought one of those bling heads for T&E pics. It's a flash hider for a flash light!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugentforoffice View Post
    never heard of it. how much? how many lumens? it's different looking but does it work? it's pretty hard to beat a streamlight stylus pro for a small light. and they are usually less than $20 i have a few and they are worth much more. hope that works for you when it does hit the fan...

I was joking about a "SHTF flashlight" because of the killer bezel :P

I paid $45 for it.

Solarforce is popular on Candle Power Forum. Admittedly, I never heard of them either until I started to frequent that light. My 2 cell Solarforce puts out about 220 lumens OTF. I am nots ure what this one puts out, as it is a 1 cell light (a one cell rechargable 3.7volt 123 battery - standard 123 cells are just 3 Volts)

I'm waiting on my 4th Eagletac to arrive tomorrow, and then I plan to take a new group photo. I have like 17 or 18 lights now.

My fav are still the Eagletacs. The P20C2 Mk II is my fav of the ones I have so far. 300 OTF lumens... Although, the larger M2CX4 with 800 lumens rocks too

Last edited by ShipWreck; 07-28-10 at 21:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I almost bought one of those bling heads for T&E pics. It's a flash hider for a flash light!
    I just got it because it is unique. I have many brighter lights, although it is a good light. I just had to have it because of the bezel. It looks almost like a mini lightsaber.

The bezel on my regular solarforce L2 (pictured above - the gun metal one)) is actually pretty sharp - great defensive light.

This killer bezel is somewhat sharp too - and made out of stainless steel. So, it doesn't bend at all. I got it for a conversation piece, however.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SHTF flashlight

These are found on Ebay, they range from 15.00 to 75.00, depending on the module and battery. They fit into most of the flashlight mounts, the only one that was too loose was the Elzetta, a rubber sheet would make the fit much better.

Led's are very common in the lights, mostly 270/290 lumens. I don't know if they are close to that brightness but they are much better than the stock G2 module. My g2 now has a 390 lumen LED in it and it is very bright.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drrufo View Post
    These are found on Ebay, they range from 15.00 to 75.00, depending on the module and battery. They fit into most of the flashlight mounts, the only one that was too loose was the Elzetta, a rubber sheet would make the fit much better.

Led's are very common in the lights, mostly 270/290 lumens. I don't know if they are close to that brightness but they are much better than the stock G2 module. My g2 now has a 390 lumen LED in it and it is very bright.
    Yes, lights w/o that bezel made by that company are not too expensive for the base models.

The $15 price is for just the bodies. I paid $25 for my regular 2 cell gunmetal one. The bezel alone sells for $26. I decided to just buy the entire light.

They are Surefire clones - but essentially use any Surefire 6p drop in. And, you can mix and match body parts of the lights.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    I just got it because it is unique. I have many brighter lights, although it is a good light. I just had to have it because of the bezel. It looks almost like a mini lightsaber.

The bezel on my regular solarforce L2 (pictured above - the gun metal one)) is actually pretty sharp - great defensive light.

This killer bezel is somewhat sharp too - and made out of stainless steel. So, it doesn't bend at all. I got it for a conversation piece, however.
    Yep. Your pic gives a better look at the bezel than others I've seen. Mine all have 1 mode Solarforce/Cree drop ins. Very good lights for the price.

I started a solarforce thread here a while back, and it was like you could hear a pin drop.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=ShipWreck;718985]I just got it because it is unique. I have many brighter lights, although it is a good light. I just had to have it because of the bezel. It looks almost like a mini lightsaber.

I'm Out!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yep. Your pic gives a better look at the bezel than others I've seen. Mine all have 1 mode Solarforce/Cree drop ins. Very good lights for the price.

I started a solarforce thread here a while back, and it was like you could hear a pin drop.
    Yes, both of mine are 1 mode lights too. I may likely get 1 or 2 more in the future... I may give the AA model body a try and just order the drop in seperate.

Honestly, I had never heard of them prior to getting on CPF.

I reallyw ant to get a Masterpiece Pro one day. I was deciding betwee the Pro and my M2XC4 - but I got the Eagletac for now instead.

next year I plan to get the LED holy rail - the Olight SR90 at 220 lumens

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast