Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Rifle Book 2

Feedback Score

Black Rifle Book 2

I came across this again today and had to laugh !!

I really hope no one uses this for any kind of non-fiction reference material.

If you notice the page just in the cover with the author, when he talks about being in the "Colt Arms Room", and when you take a good look at that picture, you WILL noticed it is PHOTOSHOPED !! look up and down his arms and you can see the square pencil lines all around his body. I just thought it was pretty funny.
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    Personally, I hate photo shop. I see all sorts of pictures now being passed off as real. If they are done well, its hard to tell they've been alterred. Seeing is no longer believing...

Feedback Score
    It just goes directly to the crediibilioty of hte Author and any text in the book. If he lied about that, what else between the covers is lies.

I know many people who try to use it as a Black Rifle Bible, and it is the futherest thing from that.
    Brett W

Elite Defense

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    It looks liked they PS Steve Troy as well, and it was not flattering.
    He seems enthralled with Swan, and believes the kool aid.
    The engineers that actually did the work on the mil-std-1913 rail have a significantly different slant on it, and swan.

However, his book, and his opinions. Like all books, go into it with an open mind and remember that we are all biased about multiple subjects.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    What is even worse is that a lot of the general public view this book as the God's honest truth about AR's.

C4

Feedback Score
    Sure they are HIS OPINION, but they are put out there as fact and like Grant said, some use this as the gospel......
    Brett W

Elite Defense

-Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    I don't disagree. However, the book had been out for what, 2-3 years? It has been common knowledge among all who do this, and the faults/ facts whatever have been hashed over many times.

I don't like a lot of what is in it, and is sucks compared to Vol 1. But it is his book and no one is forcing anyone to buy it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There was an HK book not too long ago that was full of inaccuracies. Text, photos and general info wrong. Don't recall the author.
    And picked up a copy of an AK book by Poyer, its crap. Again, info text and photos are wrong.

People who aren't familiar with these weapons buy these books and expect whats in them to be correct.

Feedback Score
    There is of course always an expectation of accuracy- be it books, magazines or the news. Hey, even from students....
    However, seldom are you going to see it.
    We have a saying. There is stupid, and there is History Channel stupid.
    The same can apply to about anything, but there is no more perfection in books/ magazines/ media then there is in any errornet forum, Senate hearing, body armor advertising, school catalog or marriage ceremony.

You need to be smart enough to seperate the wheat from the chaff when looking at anything.

Feedback Score
    and know what, who, and where to go to assess the veracity of any suspect information...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast