Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cartridge Stuck in Chamber, Help Please

Feedback Score
    Gentlemen: Thank you so much for your help and response. I purchased some lacquer solvent from the hardware store yesterday evening and filled the breach last night and let it set overnight. This morning it popped right out. I cleaned the breach well and used the brush as shown on one of the post and removed a reddish/burgundy waxy material from the breach, this same material was what seemed to be holding the spent cartridge in the chamber.

I learned a few things through this incident, First, thank you GotM4 for your help throughout this whole ordeal and the phone calls. Second, Wolf ammo works as long as you don't let your gun get hot, at least its that way on mine. Third, I will use the wolf on my Bushmaster when were out plunking around and keep the good stuff for the Colt.

Thankfully no damage was done and no one was returing fire (LOL). Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your replies and help. I really enjoy this forum and have learned more in a month than I have in 40+ years. Thanks again and hope to see you on the range.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBartMan View Post
    First, thank you GotM4 for your help throughout this whole ordeal and the phone calls. Second, Wolf ammo works as long as you don't let your gun get hot, at least its that way on mine. Third, I will use the wolf on my Bushmaster when were out plunking around and keep the good stuff for the Colt.

No problem Bart.
    Glad you got it out. Let me know if you need anything.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Another M4Carbine.net happy ending...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

Feedback Score

Service

Quote Originally Posted by WVBartMan View Post
    ... First, thank you GotM4 for your help throughout this whole ordeal and the phone calls....
    Wow That's what I call service! That's why I really like this site. GotM4, I raise my glass to you and those like you. Cheers
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo58 View Post
    Wow That's what I call service! That's why I really like this site. GotM4, I raise my glass to you and those like you. Cheers
    I'll 2nd that!! There is a lot of good men on this site.

Feedback Score
    If it was me I would go back to the cleaning rod and hammer, it will eventually come out, sounds like your chamber might also need to be polished, Also I wouldn't use the wolf ammo just because most manufacturers use very tight tolerances on there chambers, that coating peels of the round and packs in the chamber over time.
    Former LMT test/ assembly/ machinist
    Former Rock Island Arsenal / machinist

Feedback Score
    [/QUOTE]

What kind of rod is this and where can I get one? So far i haven't been able to locate a rod that is fixed to the handle so you can rotate the chamber brush.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Don't know the brand of that one but I use a Dewey rigid chamber rod from Brownells.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I have gotten the wolf polly stuff stuck in my chamber a few times, it seems I average about 2 oversized rounds out of 1k.
    I have been lucky though, a few taps with a cleaning rod and they have always popped out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by powderkeg45 View Post
    What kind of rod is this and where can I get one? So far i haven't been able to locate a rod that is fixed to the handle so you can rotate the chamber brush.[/QUOTE]

It’s a DIY job. I made it from a GI chamber brush, section of aluminum cleaning rod and an x-acto knife handle.
    “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” -Lao Tzu

http://quibphotography.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast