Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Your "general purpose" rifle setup

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    My go to rifle is my g3 clone built from g3 parts kit on ptr reciever. Sporting aimpoint comp m4s, 30 round south african mags with vcas (not pictured). Has a heavy buffer in her which causes her to shoot real soft and she weighs in just under 10 #'s.

Now eventually I want to build a 18" AR sporting a 4x power night vision scope for the night crawlers.

Feedback Score

Pretty much that kind of setup, maybe an Aimpoint T-1 on it. Higher quality MFG for upper/lower though.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    heres mine

ddm4 soon to be a12.5 in sbr

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My, or any other lw 16" middy would get my vote for my "gp" rifle in the US. Topped with an ACOG TA33 series, or a red dot with a flip to side magnifier.

Still though, I can really see the merit in a 7.62x39 AK, or a 7.62x51 FAL in this role as well. In fact, the 7.62 NATO FAL in 16" or 18" barrel trim would be a hell of a choice. Site or structure defense, the ability to fell large game animals, good ballistics against a vehicle or an intermediate barrier...all well within the capabilities of this rifle. The ammo is available and abundant, the gun itself is rugged and very reliable...aboutt he only draw back is lack of spare parts here in the US. Still though an FAL topped with something like a NF 1-4x24, it would be damn near perfect in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The FAL with an M4S on it was the perfect GP rifle until I shot for a few years with an N4 Light Basic, now the FAL sure is heavy I'm gonna have to start working out more
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011