Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your "general purpose" rifle setup

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My EDC/GP is a Colt 6720 w/ RDS, light, plus ammo. A variety of discreet cases are on hand to fit various venues. I've had to leave home with little to no notice, for an unknown amount of time, for professional and personal reasons. I would like to switch over to an SBR for that ap, but it wouldn't be legally everywhere I might go.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    BCM 11.5" with Aim Point & YHM Can

dead nuts reliable, as accurate as I am, light weight (with suppressor removed) and will eat anything.
    Last edited by JeepDriver; 07-30-10 at 18:52.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

My build:
    LMT 14.5 in. upper w/ KAC flash suppressor
    LMT defender lower
    Troy Free float rail
    TD QD VFG
    Aimpoint ML2 in Larue mount w/ extra battery inside mount
    YHM BUIS
    Surefire X300 at 12 o'clock position
    MIAD grip
    CTR stock
    VTAC sling
    200m zero on RDS and BUIS

This rifle is relatively light, very good handling and carries well because there is alot of hand placement options. The padded sling makes patrolling type movement much more pleasant. I am a huge fan of RDS for GP applications because it is very versatile. It can be used up close where you definitely need it to work and can work at 200-400m depending on the shooter proficiency and tgt size. With the 2 batteries I've got on the gun I have a runtime of 2+ yrs. Realistically though I don't see myself taking any shots as a civilian past 200m.

GU
    DVC
    ABS : Cars = CTC Lasers : Pistols

Feedback Score

Everything else from the original post was removed... I left the clown because, well, it just seemed to say it all.
    Last edited by K.L. Davis; 08-09-10 at 10:55. Reason: Original Post Offered Nothing

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    My current main GP rifle, the one I'm comfortable with for most any use is:

Noveske 16" N4 upper w/:
    Troy TRX Extreme 11" FDE
    PWS FSC556
    Troy BUIS

Lower:
    GSSA trigger
    MIAD
    Ambi Safety
    BFG Redi-Mod
    Vltor E-Mod

Optic:
    TR24G in Larue mount

Accessories:
    Surefire G2LED in Vltor offset
    Padded VCAS

I haven't checked the weight lately, but it's certainly not a light set-up. I'm currently putting another upper together with a lightweight 14.5" mid-length barrel and the stock will change to a CTR. The TR24 has almost become an Aimpoint replacement for me. Mainly due to my familiarity with using low power variable scopes for 3-Gun.
    Last edited by IrishDevil; 07-31-10 at 00:24.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hate to say, but right now I would have to grab the MSAR and 10-or-so mags (if we're running out the door), since most of my AR components remain "components" until I decide what I want to shoot that day. I'd give my wife the .45 Kimber and the Sig P226, and I'd grab the backpack of rounds for those two. Hopefully the little boy is asleep at this point... it's easier to get him in the car that way, lol.

If I've got time to slap one together, I'd grab the RRA built lower with ACS and the 14.5" upper w/ pinned brake. Mainly because the RRA I have consists of the most reliable parts of any lower I have now, and is one of only two COMPLETED at this time. Upper-wise, it's either the 14.5, the 16", or the 20" build to choose from. The 14.5", like the lower choice, is the "better quality" of build.

Can I snatch the duffel bag with the 1800 or so .223 on the way out too?
    Fact of life:

Although the EAGLE may soar proudly through the skies, it is very rare for the Weasel to be sucked into a jet engine.

Feedback Score
    KAC 11.5'' + KAC QDSS-NT4 Suppressor
    Glock 17 + AAC Ti-RANT

That for me. Is enough.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    If I were to leave and not come back for 12+ months or more, it would be a "RECCE" type setup. A "quality" 16 inch AR (light barrel, midlength preferred), with a light, padded sling, a light weight Blue Force Gear Redi-mag, and a quality 1x4 variable powered scope with a cat tail, backed up with a spare RDS like a T-1 or H-1, in case the 1x4 scope went down.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 07-31-10 at 10:00.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I always like my rifles SHORT, LIGHT and SIMPLE.

My 16" BCM middy, ideally with a T1 and Troy folding BUIS. My SureFire Scout on a compact MI picatinny mount on the left side of the front sight (thanks for the tip on that one RobS works great). The sling is just a simple 2-point carry sling

I prefer 20 rd PMags, so plenty of those. The stowaway grip has spare gas rings, spare firing pin (and retaining pin) and when I get my T1 (hopefully in the next few months) will have a spare battery also.

I live in a remote rural area in the mtns of the high desert, so no need to bug out anyplace cuz I live in a place most would want to bug out to, just hunker down and repel any threats that might wander too near.

My BCM is always within arm's reach, it goes everyplace with me around my little ranch and in the truck when I go someplace. Generally it's for plinking at rocks or steel plates on my range, predators, pests and for mtn lion protection (been attacked by one once before). I've been very pleased with the 16" middy. So far this one wears A2 iron sights with carry handle, but a T1 on a QD LaRue mount will be in it's future when I can get the $$$ together.
    Last edited by arizonaranchman; 07-31-10 at 11:54.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Original Post Removed
    You may wish to re-evaluate your maturity for posting on this forum. M-4Carbine.net is a adult forum discussing serious subjects of self defense and weapon/ammunition selection. I understand there is a learning curve but the above post is just wrong on so many levels.
    Last edited by K.L. Davis; 08-09-10 at 11:07.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast