Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *The long road - SBR finally DONE*

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

*The long road - SBR finally DONE*

In late summer of 2006 I contacted Mark LaRue of LaRue Tactical and asked him if he would consider making both 10.0 and 11.0 rail systems. Mark LaRue asked my reasoning for wanting the 10.0 and the 11.0. I explained that my main reason is that I really like the way the LaRue 12.0 rail butted up against the Noveske KX3 when the LaRue 12.0 was used in conjunction with the Noveske 12.5" barrel. I went onto rationalize that a majority of the SBR barrels on the market were 10.5" or 11.5" and a 10.0 and 11.0 would open up more options for customers that were wanting a rail for a SBR (including me).

At the time I didn't know if Mark LaRue took me seriously or not (or if the company even had the time to start any new projects), several months later I was suprized when LaRue Tactical came out with both the 10.0 and the 11.0 rails. I don't know if the seed I had planted had anything to do with the new offerings, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. My plans for using a Bravo Compnay 11.5" barrel for my SBR was starting to materalize.

It took a long time for me to save up enough for everything that I needed, and there were a few snags along the way. But in April I finally had everything I needed to complete the SBR project. So late one Saturday morning a friend (who had a lot more experience wrenching on guns), a work bench, a bunch of tools, a dremel, and me sat down and started the SBR project. Several hours later we were finally finished and the SBR was finally complete.

The gun turned out much lighter in weight and much more balanced than what I had imagined. Not to metion feeling small, compact, and is a pleasure to shoot.

I shot this gun the last day of Pat Rogers' 3 day Carbine Operators course and during the zero confirmation at the beginning of the day, from 50 yards I had 3 rounds that you could cover with your thumbnail. I was told by another person that they were not surprised as they had gotten sub-1" groups with one of Bravo Companies' 11.5" barrels. Reliability has been flawless.

Close to a year in the making and it's currently one of my favorites:

LMT / LaRue / Bravo Company :

-Factory LMT Lower / Bolt Carrier / Charging Handle

-LaRue Tactical Stealth Upper Receiver

-LaRue 11.0 rail system

-Bravo Company (www.bravocompanyusa.com) 11.5" barrel (with cut down USGI A2 front sight base)

-Noveske KX3 flash hider

-Tango Down rail pannels

-Tango Down vertical foregrip

-Tango Down Battle Grip pistol grip

-Aimpoint ML2

-LaRue Aimpoint Mount

-LaRue Tactical Rear BUIS

-LMT Front BUIS

-KNS non-rotating hammer / trigger pin set

-Blue Force Gear VCAS Sling

-Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard

-LMT SOPMOD stock

-Surefire M600 Scout light with clicker tail cap and incandesent bulb

-LaRue Tactical Scout light mount

-Orion Arms Engraving on the lower (info for SBR per BATFE....name, city, state)

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Nice ...

I had Grant build me a similar weapon a couple of months ago on a 14.5 barrel, Grant suggested I get the paperwork for the SBR but I chose a longer barrel and rail system. I am getting similar groups at a slightly longer distance ... when you mentioned 'pleasure to shoot' that pretty much sums it up. Sweet rig... I wish I was as patient. But there is always tomorrow.

Michael
    The things we own end up owning us ...

If experience is the best teacher then pain is the best experience ! ...MRG

LUKE 22:35

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    From Pat Rogers' EAG Tactical Carbine Operator's Course:

-Jeff

Feedback Score
    Nice!! I love the clean look of it

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That is awesome. I am thinking about going the SBR route on my next build.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Jeff,

I am boycotting all of your threads that show off all your cool sh*t. Until you send this SBR to me for T&E, I am no longer drinking the Jeff kool aid...

mace

***Edited by Va_Dinger to remove personal information***
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks great!

I recently got my first SBR together and I was really impressed with the overall weight (or the lack thereof) and (more importantly, for me at least) the balance. On paper it's only a few inches shorter, but it feels like a completely different weapon. I was also quite amazed at how well the KX3 works at taming the blast from these little beasts. I agree that they really are a pleasure to shoot.

Congrats on the new SBR. Enjoy.

And mine took almost a year to complete too, so I feel your pain.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    I guess I should say something nice about it but since its yours and not mine and I am quite jealous............

Nicely done Jeff.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ***Edited by Va_Dinger to remove personal information***

10-4!

Thanks Va_Dinger !

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)