Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Embarassing situation ... S&W 5.45 x 39 upper ...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

I just looked over my c-products mags ... which haven't been cleaned in a few weeks and had been exposed to the same environment.

They are pristine.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

No biggie, I'm gonna run this rig into the ground. Maybe the next 5.45 purchase will be a piston upper (Adams arms, etc).
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ballistol.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    No biggie, I'm gonna run this rig into the ground. Maybe the next 5.45 purchase will be a piston upper (Adams arms, etc).
    ya piston will be much better, I love mine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Windex with ammonia. The best dollar or two at the local dollar store you will ever spend for corrosive ammo. (The ammonia neutralizes the corrosive compounds left over.)
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless." -Kenny Powers

Project Manager - Nightforce Optics

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Ballistol.
    Agreed. I didn't know those corrosive salts could make there way to the outside of the weapon. A mix of water + ballistol (1 in 10 parts ratio) flush, should keep the rust away and lube at the same time.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadcapMagician View Post
    Windex with ammonia. The best dollar or two at the local dollar store you will ever spend for corrosive ammo. (The ammonia neutralizes the corrosive compounds left over.)
    Exactly what I was going to post..I do that at the range while the Mauser, Mosin and sometimes the Garand are still warm....and again at home..never had an issue...And the piston upper will help a lot..

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bearstalker View Post
    Just goes to show that 5.45x36 ain't that cheap after all!
    Uninformed comment.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    First off let me say I run my 5.45 hard and use it for just about everything now. The only thing I do is to spray the shit out of the bore and KX3 then run a bore shake down the barrel. Wipe out the PIG and rag off the excess. I put it away wet and have no issues.

Occasionally I will wipe down the BCG and hose it off. The key really I believe has been BALLISTOL

When these first came out I saw guys doing all kind of shit with hot water in buckets and detailed cleaning that I am just not into or ever going to do.

No issue with mine shoots great and runs like a top. Yes I have a little GI Gold around the gas block where she leaks but is not big deal.

My upper has paid for its self more than once.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My 5.45mm AR is currently welded open.

Yes, literally cold-welded open by corrosion. Now, I purposely did not maintain it because I wanted to see what might happen. I left it stored for a while with the bolt locked back, and when I tried to release it the other day it just stuck there...

I have slammed it on the ground and hit the back of the stock with a pipe, but the bolt carrier group is not budging.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast