Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Norinco NDM-86

Feedback Score

My Norinco NDM-86

Recently picked up this mint Norinco NDM-86 in 7.62x54R. And was wondering if there are any SVD, or Norinco owners in this forum, that can answer some of my questions.

Does anyone know if any manufacturers are making aftermarket furniture? I find the stock a little too short.

I've been reading on dragunov.net, that the scope that came with my NDM [Chinese 1985 Type-JJJ], knocks out of zero after a few shots, should I replace it, with one of the PSL scopes?

Last edited by surfinbird; 08-02-10 at 00:33.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You could put a thicker buttpad on it. If you're set on getting a longer stock I'd try googling it or hit up the AK forums.

That's a beautiful rifle by the way, I'm jealous.
    WTB:
    SA M-7 Classic blonde stock sets
    Bulgy ((10))/((E)) steel mags
    Bulgy T3 takeoff stock sets
    30-caliber magazine clips?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Thumbs up

Congrats! IMHO the NDM-86 is one of the most beautiful rifles ever made but the laminate stock isn't very durable.
    I swapped mine out for current SVD polymer and used the 1P21 scope (3-9x variable w/the 7.62x54 BDC tied directly to the magnification) which makes for *very* fast ranging & COM hits out to 900m:

Doug Ford used to carry a lot of Drag stuff, if he doesn't have what you want he may be able to direct you to who does: http://www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstpso.html
    There's a British company that was selling SVD polymer furniture and other things (like the rare bipod) but I no longer have the link (sorry!).
    Trick to using the SVD bipod correctly is to press forward slightly while aiming to put a little tension on the bipod, this will greatly increase steadiness.
    HTH...
    Tomac
    Last edited by Tomac; 08-02-10 at 07:23.
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    Rusmilitary is the site.

Feedback Score
    beautiful NDM you got there.

you should leave at its original state and buy a buttstock pad for it. the pad should add an extra 1". it's available at Kalinka.

about the scope, you shouldn't get the PSL one for it because it won't look right on an SVD. get a POSP or PSO one. the PSO is more expensive than the POSP but since it's Russian made and the quality is superb i'd get it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice. I wish I would have bought one of those when Navy Arms had them. I really should have bought one of the Russian Tigers when they were only $1000.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I moved this into the Precision Rifle section.

Here's a thread I started about a buddy's Chinese Dragunov that's stuck at the top.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=32550
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 96 SS View Post
    Rusmilitary is the site.
    this is a great site to get that puppy geared up

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Super nice rifle, those NDM's i heard are the cloestest to an actual dragunov without actually purchasing one. Im uber jealous, would give up my ar for one. I would stay with the stock thats on it now, really makes it look wicked!

Feedback Score
    thanks for the suggestions ya'll. ive decided upon the plastic svd furniture, which ill acquire on either rusmilitary or gunbroker. current price for the black poly furniture is give or take $250.00, which isnt bad when an vltor emod kit is 300+. the original furniture on my norinco is too nice for range duty/ urban combat.

now onto the optic. would it be a bad move to get a scope mount with a flat pic tail? than add a 500 dollar optic to it? or should i just try an upgrade my rifles optic to another pso1 scope.

ammo:
    ill probably go with wolf gold 150gr. any other suggestions?
    Last edited by surfinbird; 08-05-10 at 00:10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast