Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 round Pmag issues?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

20 round Pmag issues?

Okay, Ive come to the point that Ive used my few 20 round Pmags enough to think I might have an issue with them. I have feeding issues with my SCAR and my Novekse lower/BCM upper rifles. My AR wont load a first round 50% of the time with the 20 rounders and wont lock back about 50% of the time with them. And i had my first ever failure to feed in my SCAR the other night with a 20 rounder (had to use my charging handle as a forward assist). This ONLY happens when I use 20 round Pmags in bothe guns, never had an issue with the 30 rounders. Any ideas?
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have the exact problem with my ARs and the 20 rounder. I only have one and I save it for the bench now. This has happened with a full mag and has also happened with three rounds loaded. I thought it was just my 20 round p-mag, but apparently not.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No, Im pretty sure its the mags. Both of my 20s do it in two different rifles. I never have issue unless I use thes mags. It sucks to cause I keep the smaller 20 round mag in my SBR for home defence but after all the issues Im having, I dont trust the 20s at all....
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FWIW, I have had the same problems with 20 round Pmags. Bought a couple of new ones, but have not had a chance to try them yet.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well magpul? Any ideas?
    FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've two Noveske's that have had several 20's and a few 30's fail to lock back after the last shot. Happened enough that I don't use P-Mags. I use USGI mags only. I've read a couple of places about Noveske/P-Mag issues on locking back.

I've tried at least 35 new and used USGI mags and not a single failure. I bought a couple NHMTG 20's this past weekend to try out.

This is the reason you should test every mag in every gun before you depend on it.

I know this dooms me to a life lacking tacticoolness but ...oh well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I love magpul but I dont trust the 20s anymore. They are plinker only parts now. Gonna get some good metal 20s now for home use.....
    FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    I have 4 of the 20's and they all work fine for me. 2 FDE, 1 Dark Olive, 1 Black. Never had a problem with them.

Disclaimer* - they run with safe queen upper because they work better from a bipod. They haven't been through a carbine class or anything like that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrt View Post
    I've two Noveske's that have had several 20's and a few 30's fail to lock back after the last shot. Happened enough that I don't use P-Mags. I use USGI mags only. I've read a couple of places about Noveske/P-Mag issues on locking back.

I've tried at least 35 new and used USGI mags and not a single failure. I bought a couple NHMTG 20's this past weekend to try out.

This is the reason you should test every mag in every gun before you depend on it.

I know this dooms me to a life lacking tacticoolness but ...oh well.
    This is interesting because my lower is a Noveske. Maybe we're on to something now. Would be nice if Noveske would check into this for us and perhaps provide an aftermarket solution?
    Last edited by rljatl; 08-03-10 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The only failures I've had on any of my ARs are with PMag 20's. Only with certain ammo (Tula/Wolf) and always on the 2nd to last round failing to feed, I'd say 9/10 times. The 30s feed that ammo fine, and the 20s feed other ammo fine. It's strange...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast