Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 round Pmag issues?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well I guess its not just me....
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So is this thread just gonna die?
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've modified a green GI follower to work in the Magpu 20 rounder. I want to see if it makes a difference. I'll report back when I get it done, hopefully this weekend.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    The only problem I have experienced with the 20's is the two that I own won't lock into one of my AR's with an LMT Enhanced carrier in the gun.

Remove the LMT and replace it with a standard bolt carrier and the mags lock right in like normal. They also lock in and function fine in my other two AR's.

If that information is of interest to anyone.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    I have used PMAG 20 rounders in my Bushmaster and in my BCM upper with Areo Precision lower with no problems of any kind.
    "You won't rise to the ocassion, you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

NRA LE Handgun/Shotgun Instructor
    Pa ACT235 Firearms Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, I've been tinkering in the shop again. I took a green 30 roung GI follower and butchered it to fit in the Magpul 20 round mag to see if it changed anything.

You can see in my wonderful cell phone pictures the results. These are pictures of the test with the new follower, I was unable to make it to the range this weekend due to work, so more comparison pictures from the range will come next weekend. The new follower made the full stack level out in the mag instead of riding just slightly nose high.

It also seemed to apply more pressure to the bolt catch.

With hand cycling, the 18th round consistantly failed to feed with the stock follower

, and the last 2 rounds would jack in a nose up position.

The new follower didn't have this problem. Will it make a difference? We'll see.
    Last edited by Quiet-Matt; 08-08-10 at 14:41. Reason: I caint speull.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, the follower I made did the trick. I ran about 100 rounds through the 20 rounder with no problems at all. Stack stayed level, and the bolt locked back every time. I switched back to the original follower in the middle of the test and had the same old problems. Went back to the new one and it was GTG. Still don't trust it for home defense, but now it's a decent bench mag.

Feedback Score
    My P-Mags 20 were not feeding in my Stag (just not feeding some 2-3 times out of the mag). I found out that followers were not always mooving freely inside tube, especially when they got slight tilt. I forcefully (bu use of wooden stick) made them go several times up and down the tube at an angle. This "mated" followers to tubes and had no problem with them since (Barnaul, Wolff, S&B, RUAG, America Eagle, Sako).

However on last mutligun match I had failure to chamber first round in my HK MR223, but I might just not work charging handle all the way - HK has strong recoil spring and I was in hurry
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    just bought me a 20 round pmag 2 days ago. never knew this was a problem when i bought it. hope my report is a positive one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was having similar issues to above as well in my DD lower. I compared the mag to a 30 rounder (I have approx 2 dozen w/ no probs other than I can't keep ammo in them
    The follower in the 20 rounder wasn't moving nearly as smoothly, so I took it out & filed it down a bit w/ the missus' nail file. Works like a champ now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast