Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Birdcage" style flash hider for AK?

Feedback Score
    I've got a .30 A1 FH on my SAR-1...huge difference from a bare barrel.

http://www.copesdistributing.net/pro...b447dc261326a7

I'd love to get a better FH on my 5.45s (Tantal and Bulgy Class 3 Krink), but I don't think they exist.
    Last edited by TN-popo; 09-11-10 at 05:49.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Who do you guys have threading the SAR 1 muzzle to allow that flash hider to mate up?

Feedback Score
    A local buddy...he's done two SAR-1s for me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Bird cage is fine, anything is better than a straight muzzle or the slant brake. The PWS stuff is about the best help a man can get imo.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Before I got my PWS FSC47 I ran an A2 for .30 caliber on my SAR-1. It is way more effective for supressing flash than the bare muzzle and or a slant brake.

I forget who made it but it was US made and in the ball park of $20.

How do you like the PWS on your AK?

Feedback Score

great on draco sbr

Compared to the slant brake muzzle rise substantially reduced. Noise level from an observer point of view was significantly less. As the shooter, I didn't notice a change in noise level. Changed vertical point of impact at 50 yards about 5" with same ammo used. Well worth the expense in terms of rapid fire control. Using a romanian underfolder on the draco which makes any difference in recoil and muzzle rise noticeable.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Who do you guys have threading the SAR 1 muzzle to allow that flash hider to mate up?
    I did mine myself. Right after the AWB sunsetted there was a gentleman on an AK forum who rented out the die kit. It was pretty cool cause it was based on the honor system. Once you sent in your money for the rental the owner would put you on the list. Once you were finished threading as many rifles as you wanted let him know and he would tell you who to send it to next.

Quote Originally Posted by JmadAr View Post
    How do you like the PWS on your AK?
    I have not shot it much since the PWS has been installed. I like it though, a little louder and less felt recoil. I can't commit on flash suppresion as I shot during day light hours.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12