Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any LMT MRP Users Here????

Feedback Score

Any LMT MRP Users Here????

Guys,
    I got a few MRP questions.

1. Anyone got pics of the two different versions? There is a "Rifle Length" version, and a "Carbine Length" version. I have been wanting to see some GOOD, online pics of the two different length MRP rails. Even the latest issue of "Book of the AR15" does not give the greatest angle pics, and the LMT website doesn't show shit for pics!

2. What is the deal with the bbls? WHY are they not M4 profile? I love the turned down look of the M4 profile bbl, and I'm wondering if there is any reason I couldn't have AR15barrels.com turn the bbl down on an MRP, just as my Colt barrels are???

3. Are the gas blocks PINNED on the LMT MRP's????? I sure as HELL hope so.

4. What do you guys recommend for the bbl? Regular chrome lined, or SS? Is the SS bbl still finished in black, or is it a shiny, stainless steel silver, raw finish??? (some SIG handgun bbl's are still black finished/etc.)
    What would YOU guys choose??

Questions are numbered for ease of reply.

Thanks for any help here guys. I'm seriously thinking of purchasing a new MRP here soon, but need the above questions answered first... Thanks to all...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    1. got some pics of the carbine version on my site. lots of pics on MSTN's section on TOS.
    2. no need for M4 profile since you're not going to attach an M203 to the barrel. you can always send it out to get turned down.
    3. yes
    4. depends on your preference and needs. i got the chrome lined. the stainless barrels are shiny silver but you can send it out for a bead blasted finish.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know WillC (M4C - Industry Professional) has an MRP that he raves about. I will make sure he knows about this thread. Maybe he can help answer some of your questions.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score

You could of course have the barrels turned down to any profile you like.

Gas blocks are pinned. I've got 4 different barrels (18" 1/8 SS, 16" 1/7 SS, 14.5" 1/7 CL, & 10.5" 1/7 CL) and no problems with any of them.

The most accurate barrel I have is the 16" 1/7 SS barrel. It's on the rifle length MRP in the middle picture. I coated this barrel myself with some high heat ceramic DupliColor header paint, and cured it in the oven as per directions. No problems thousands of rounds & numerous cleanings (powder solvent, copper remover, brake cleaner) later.

Feedback Score

I have a 11.5" 6.8 and a 10.5" 5.56, both are chrome lined.
    It is a very sweet system, but pricey.

If accuracy is a large concern, go with stainless, I haven't heard any complaints.

You can do pretty much whatever you would like to an MRP barrel. This includes painting, beadblasting, choping, profiling, etc. My 6.8 started life at 16" with a 5/8x24 thread pattern and is now 11.5 with a 1/2x28 thread pattern.

ETA: This picture shows the barrel profile. It is already fairly light and I for one am very happy with the weight of the system as-is.
    I keep hearing about my gun rights, but I just can't seem to find them.

Feedback Score
    edwin,
    If the middle pic is a 16" Rifle Length MRP, then what are the first and third pics??? Are they both carbine length/10.5" bbls???

Since I just saw the 16" rifle length, I'm now trying to get good pics of the 16" carbine length AND the 14.5" carbine length. Thanks guys...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The M4 profile barrel is actually one of the worst barrel designs out there. As a Civy, there is ZERO need for the M4 profile and they actually look stupid IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    I should go snap some pictures of mine...

I've got three barrels (1x 5.56 18" SS, 1x 5.56 16" CL, 1x 6.8 16" CL) and they shoot pretty well. I've HEARD that they are Mike Rock barrels but I've never seen anything conclusive or confirmed by those "in the know". At anyrate, they shoot pretty well. The reports I've heard from other owners is that the 16" SS 5.56 shoots the best.

Barrels can be swapped as quick as you can take two Torx bolts out and put them back in. The only bad thing about the barrel swapping is that you are limited to the LMT barrels that they decide to offer. Right now you can choose between 5.56 and 6.8 - someone said a .204 Ruger is going to be available eventually. The issue is that their barrel extensions are different than standard barrels - there were some barrel extensions out there that people were using to have custom barrels made but they've since dried up.

Question for those with multiple barrels - how do you store the extras? I've been working on way to store them in PVC pipe...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    Paul, the middle pic is of a 16" (rifle length rail) and the other two are 10.5" (carbine length rail).

The Military Morons sight has some pretty good pics of a MRP Carbine length with a 14.5" barrel and MSTN's Industry page on ar15.com has a few of the carbine length with a 16".

If I take another barrel with the SBR MRP I usually just put it in the outside pocket of the i-SHOT case over the mag and accessory pockets (containing mags, Halo III, Surefire light & SpecWar2 suppressor).

The other pouches with the rifle contain a Strider SNG, 3X Magnifier, and a E2 Surefire.

Usually the barrels just sit on a shelf covered in that mesh so many sellers ship them in now.

Feedback Score
    Here is my rifle length with a 16in SS barrel. Second pic is with a 14.5 barrel.

"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
    --George William Curtis

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast