Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any LMT MRP Users Here????

Feedback Score

Question advantage of MRP over standard ARs?

Besides the ability to quickly replace barrels, what is the main advantage to the MRP over typical ARs? I've been eyeballing the MRP and the regular LMT rifles for some time and covet either greatly. Are they worth the additional price? Curious minds want to know.

--Shawn

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teufeldog View Post
    Besides the ability to quickly replace barrels, what is the main advantage to the MRP over typical ARs? I've been eyeballing the MRP and the regular LMT rifles for some time and covet either greatly. Are they worth the additional price? Curious minds want to know.

--Shawn
    When I read an article on the MRP in 2005, I liked what I saw. From then, I looked at the various options, trying to find something 'better'. Until recently, one could emulate the looks of the MRP using products from LaRue, Daniel Defense, etc. Then other MRP's came out (POF comes to mind...).

After considering all the options, including SIG and HK, I still didn't think I could beat the LMT MRP. I ordered my LMT CQB16 in late October, 2008. Hopefully, the little brown truck will show up soon...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you still want a M203, LMT also makes a railmount type 40 banger.

Feedback Score
    theblacknight,

Good luck in boot camp. I graduated from MCRD San Diego in March of 1989. Good stuff!

Feedback Score

--Shawn
    The ability to change barrels with one tool is INCREDIBLY valuable. With a new BCG and barrel, the MRP can become a 204 Ruger, 6.8 SPC, or a gas piston gun, 16 or an 18 inch stainless -- it opens you up to making your AR whatever you want:

Feedback Score
    Gunrider,

Thanks for the reply. So, I take it that in and of itself the quick change barrel makes it worth the additional cost. Roger that! Now, if I could just find someone that has them in stock.

Feedback Score
    LMT sells dealer direct -- just have your local dealer call Ryan there and order you one.
    Unlike other companies LMT will NOT be gouging during this "panic" and if you can get to the SAR show in Phoenix in two weeks LMT will have a BUNCH of their stuff at discount prices to "thank the consumer."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunrider View Post
    LMT sells dealer direct -- just have your local dealer call Ryan there and order you one.
    Unlike other companies LMT will NOT be gouging during this "panic" and if you can get to the SAR show in Phoenix in two weeks LMT will have a BUNCH of their stuff at discount prices to "thank the consumer."
    Sounds like fun.

Feedback Score
    One more question, (and I don't mean to start a war) direct impingement or piston? I've read much on both. I'm quite familiar with the DI system since that was what I was issued (M16A2). Cleaning it was a pain in the ass when we fired massive amounts of rounds. Marine Corps armorers can be a real pain in the ass when you are trying to check your weapon in. Is the piston worth the extra cost?

Feedback Score
    One more question, (and I don't mean to start a war) direct impingement or piston? I've read much on both. I'm quite familiar with the DI system since that was what I was issued (M16A2). Cleaning it was a pain in the ass when we fired massive amounts of rounds. Marine Corps armorers can be a real pain in the ass when you are trying to check your weapon in. Is the piston worth the extra cost?

yes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast