Just trying to get more people to see the many joys of shooting.

B & R on Nine Mile Rd in Havelock near MCAS Cherry Point. Shooters are required to bring all their own gear to include hearing protection, eye protection, firearm of your choice and of course ammunition. Depending on the course of fire a pistol in a caliber of 9mm or greater need to be used however, a rifle or shotgun may prove more beneficial depending on the match type. (Rimfire weapons are not allowed for competition purposes.)

What types of matchs to they hold you ask...USPSA/IDPA & CQB. The match type is disclosed on a monthly but the course of fire is not disclosed until you arrive at the range that morning. Shooters need to be on deck NLT 0730 to sign-in, pay and get blocked into their respective squads. The squad list is given out at 0745 and shooting begins at 0800. Most of the matches I have been to are completed before 1200. Range fees are between $10.00 and $15.00

This Saturday, August 7th 2010, there will be a Pistol Match and on the 14th there will be a CQB Match. Typically, there will be between 5and 10 stages. Pistol only matches will fire between 50 to 100 rounds. The course of fire may contain movement, shooting from the prone, kneeling or sitting positions. Mock room clearing or firing from being seated in a chair is not unheard of. The CQB Match is LOTS of fun and helps the shooter learn various stances or positions to fire from.

Match announcements come out weekly and when you first sign in you will have the option of adding your email to the list. If you do not show up for a match within 3 months your email will be dropped from the list.

This is a public event, anyone may come as long as your safe and have common sense. Spectators are welcome and will not have to pay. My son, 8 years old, goes and watches all the time.

Remember SAFETY is paramount, most all movement is done with a "Condition 1" weapon.

SAFETY VIOLATORS ARE DROPPED IMMEDIATELY!

I hope to see some of you out there!!