View Poll Results: What was the mission you got the MWS for and has it changed?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Did you get your MWS as a battle AR and stick with the plan?

7 16.28%
  • Did you get your MWS as a combo battle/precision AR and stick with the plan?

24 55.81%
  • Did you get your MWS as a combo battle/precision AR and switch to precision?

3 6.98%
  • Did you get your MWS as a precision AR and stick with the plan?

3 6.98%
  • Did you get your MWS as a combo battle/precision AR and switch to a battle AR?

3 6.98%
  • Other, please post comments

3 6.98%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MWS Owner's Poll

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For you guys that are taking more of a precision route, what type of range are you looking at engaging targets to?

I got my MWS and after the first range trip, I decided to do both. I am putting a BABC on the 16" CL barrel and using a M4s for CQB, but when the 18" or 20" SS 5r barrels are released I am going to have a NF scope to throw on there to make it good for longer range precision work. I love this thing!

AnchorStation Guest
    0-800yds beyond that its 300 win mag time.

Im running 2560FPS from the 16" CL barrel pushing 175gr SMK's. Punch that into a ballistic calculator...it will do the job no problem. Still supersonic at 1K yds with 41 MOA drop.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorStation View Post
    0-800yds beyond that its 300 win mag time.

Im running 2560FPS from the 16" CL barrel pushing 175gr SMK's. Punch that into a ballistic calculator...it will do the job no problem. Still supersonic at 1K yds with 41 MOA drop.
    Do you achieve your MV using handloads? That's way faster than I've seen any commercial/factory 175gr+ loads going out of a 16" barrel, aside from the 178gr Superformance.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Got it for a battle rifle, already have a 20 sr25 so precision is handled already.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In this day and age, you could pretty much have both ( battle rifle & precision ) with the modern accoutrements available for the AR platform. Why compromise???? Get a good trigger, the 5R barrel and one of these new 1-8X scopes that are available. Might be a tad on the heavy side but you'll get 2 things out of it. 1. the rifle you want and 2. a reason to go lift weights

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123