View Poll Results: What was the mission you got the MWS for and has it changed?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Did you get your MWS as a battle AR and stick with the plan?

7 16.28%
  • Did you get your MWS as a combo battle/precision AR and stick with the plan?

24 55.81%
  • Did you get your MWS as a combo battle/precision AR and switch to precision?

3 6.98%
  • Did you get your MWS as a precision AR and stick with the plan?

3 6.98%
  • Did you get your MWS as a combo battle/precision AR and switch to a battle AR?

3 6.98%
  • Other, please post comments

3 6.98%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MWS Owner's Poll

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

MWS Owner's Poll

The voting is for those who already own an LMT MWS .308; those wanting or waiting for one can comment but shouldn't vote until they own.

I bought mine off CB with the intent of setting up a combo 308 battle / precision rifle. I changed my mission for precision because I think it's better suited for work off a bipod out to 800 +/=. I think it's just too front heavy for a carrying around carbine. I'm no pussy and I'm sure the Brits are doing fine with it; this is a question for us one way range shooters.

I see many here posting photos with a 1X RDS and that just doesn't work for me. I planned on acquiring the new 1-8X Short Dot for it when it's available. Now that I own one, I have mounted a 1.8-10X USO and I'm awaiting my first Atlas bipod. It should come in around 13-14 pounds fully equipped.

Disclaimer: the questions are meant to see the thought process and final decision of MWS owners, not to criticize their logic.

1. Did you get your MWS as a battle AR and stick with the plan?
    2. Did you get your MWS as a combo battle/precision AR stick with the plan?
    3. Did you get your MWS as a combo battle/precision AR and switch to precision AR?
    4. Did you get your MWS as precision AR with and stick to the plan?
    5. Did you get your MWS as a combo battle/precision AR and switch to a battle AR?
    6. Other; please comment.
    Last edited by DWood; 08-07-10 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought mine as battle type general purpose carbine for use out to 650 yard. Most shooting is done at 300 yards and in because the 300 yard range is about an hour closer than the 650 yard range. Now that I have the rifle and have been running irons, I am really leaning toward a 1-4 or 5x optic. I have decided instead of a battle rifle to go with a dmr type setup. With the weight of the mws I feel it would work better in that role. My ultimate goal is to use the mws in competitions out to 300 yards where I'll be shooting reduced size steel torsos as quick as possible. I have used my .223 for about the previous year and decided to give the mws a try.

As far as precision, I'll wait until the 18" stainless barrel is released to decide if I want to go that route.

Feedback Score
    I plan to put a 1-8X on it for a battle/precision setup. It will either be a SB or Premier.
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-07-10 at 13:25.

Feedback Score
    I put a 2.5-16 scope on it that i will use most of the time. I will be getting the 18" 5R barrel for it as well. In my case I have the sights that came with it a KAC VFG , I am going to be getting a Acog or a Aimpoint for CQB stuff. Long range and CQB in one box. Although with the scope I have I can do CQB or long range now. I love this rifle.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No vote for this loser However once the 5R is in the house, mine will be setup as a counter-sniper with the NXS 3.5, DMR 2 stager, Magpul UBR, LT-724/T-1(secondary optic), and a harris brms pod.

WITH TONS OF M118
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 08-07-10 at 23:07.

Feedback Score
    Looks like I'll own mine this week. The plan is a battle rifle. I'm looking at a 2.5-8 Leupold for it.

But it will be using a borrowed 4.5-14 Leupold until I can get it. Shooting with the higher magnification may change my opinion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just got mine yesterday.

I've slapped an Aimpoint, X300 at 12'oclock and a VFG. For my area it'll more than adequately get the job done to all applicable distances.
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless." -Kenny Powers

Project Manager - Nightforce Optics

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Battle rifle all the way. I added an Aimpoint magnifier for those longer shots, but this is still just a big war club for me. Yes, it's heavy. The answer is I need to get stronger.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Where is the poll choice for "bought it to shoot hogs in South Texas with and sticking to the plan?"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSUT View Post
    Where is the poll choice for "bought it to shoot hogs in South Texas with and sticking to the plan?"
    Option 1 Tex.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast