View Poll Results: What was the mission you got the MWS for and has it changed?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Did you get your MWS as a battle AR and stick with the plan?

7 16.28%
  • Did you get your MWS as a combo battle/precision AR and stick with the plan?

24 55.81%
  • Did you get your MWS as a combo battle/precision AR and switch to precision?

3 6.98%
  • Did you get your MWS as a precision AR and stick with the plan?

3 6.98%
  • Did you get your MWS as a combo battle/precision AR and switch to a battle AR?

3 6.98%
  • Other, please post comments

3 6.98%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MWS Owner's Poll

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    Option 1 Tex.
    I went with 2, since it will take a bit of precision to slam the piggies.

Feedback Score
    My plan is a 7 to 700 rifle with the focus on CQB. Weight is not an issue. The rifle it replaced, a DSA SA58, is about the same. Right around 10 Lbs. I deliberated over the optics a lot. Since CQB is the primary role for this rifle it became very difficult to select an optic. Not many have a daytime visible illumination AND either BDC or stadia in the ret. I was all set to order a TA11 with Horseshoe ret and track down one of those caps so I could run it like an OEG for close up but.. I came across a deal for a Specter with 7.62 calibration so.... thats what I went with.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane45 View Post
    ......... The rifle it replaced, a DSA SA58, is about the same. Right around 10 Lbs. ............
    My MWS weighs 9 1bs 11.5 ounces wearing only the three rail covers it shipped with. It also feels very front end heavy due to the "massive" barrel extension as described by several others.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I like both options and I stick with that concept. However, there is no denying the weight. Also, I did some double and triple taps this weekend, and it highlighted the fact it is more of a long range precision gun that would work quite well for QBC in a pinch.

"Precision gun when I find the right load". In the end, if I need the SS barrel, I will go there. Because I want Sub-moa performance. My M1A can do it, so will my LMT MWS. Finding that Sub-Moa load, its all part of a worthwhile project

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Just got mine today. Until last week I didn't even know these existed (under a rock I guess). Saw some threads popping up and started to research them a bit. It was a no brainer for me.

I was torn between option 2 and 4. Voted 4 as this is the largest caliber weapon I have with the most potential to reach and touch. All the rest of my AR's are 5.56 with one 6.8 SPRsh build in the mix.

This will have to sit for awhile as is though, no funds left for optics.

AnchorStation Guest
    papabear;

I have had great success with 45gr of var behind a 175gr SMK, give it a try.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My MWS was bought to be a precision gun. After running it with some British Radway, it seemed to do really well in the carbine/battle rifle role.

I'd do a 1-8x or something like that in a second if those optics were in my price range, but I can't put that kind of money on glass at this time, so my MWS is staying precision.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wanted the MWS as a battle and precision rifle.
    My version of both requires a few modifications.
    Looking for someone who can make a polygonal 1911 barrel for my father. IM me if you can help.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Honestly Im not sure why I got it. I guess after thinking about it for both battle and precision seeing I have always wanted a DS Arms SBR FAL type rifle and a .308 semi that would shoot as good as a bolt gun.

Now I have the best of both worlds and am dying for some new barrels to hit the market. Pretty sure im going to go more to the precision side in hopes of getting some sort of great 18-20" barrel.

Currently, I am only getting 1.5 MOA out of the 16" chrome which is fine for the battle end but not what I am looking for out a precision rifle. Trigger, flash hidder, grip and stock have all been changed already to make it as accurate as possible.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked mine as a battle/percision build. I am still torn on which route I want to sink funds into. The rifle seems to fit each role nicely. The SS barrel will greatly enhance the percision of this rifle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast