Thread: Range Report, New LWRC REPR

Feedback Score

Range Report, New LWRC REPR

Picked up my REPR yesterday, and so far I love it. I got the 20" version and mounted a Leupold Mark 4, 4.5x14 - 50 LR/T on a Nightforce one piece base last night. I also got it propped up on a GG&G swivel bipod up front. I bore sighted it on my kitchen table by propping the upper on the bipod and some books. I dead-centered the bore on my neighbor's back tire (approx 125 yards) and adjusted the Leupold to match... My first shot today was 7 inches right and 3 inches low. Pretty lucky for an eyeball bore sighting! I clicked up a bit and a bit more left and my follow up shot was within an inch of bull (@ 100 yards). A couple of more clicks and it was consistently touching holes dead center. I couldn't be happier. After that it was off to 200 yards, where the REPR did it's part in shooting group after group of sub moa for the next hour (I know people claim barrel break in isn't 100% necessary with the new barrels, but I stopped to punch the bore every 3 to 5 rounds for the first 50 rounds or so). I was shooting Black Hills 168gr HPBT Match. The REPR performed flawlessly all day, with zero failures of any kind. I know some people on this forum "dislike" LWRC (probably due to the company's former owner) but I have to say I love it. All in all, I would HIGHLY recommend the LWRC REPR.
    Last edited by FinestBh; 08-07-10 at 19:04.

Feedback Score

Pictures

Here's a few pics of the REPR, and one pic with the REPR, my piston M-4, and my Nighthawk Custom 1911...

Last edited by FinestBh; 08-07-10 at 19:58. Reason: Remove Duplicate Photo

Feedback Score
    Ah, the Force is STRONG with you. The Dark Side I do sense...

On a lighter note, I switched to 175 grain FGMM with a slight improvement in accuracy over the 168 grain SMK. You might want to play with it and see what works best for you.

Feedback Score
    I'll mess around a bit with the ammo in the future, for now I have boxes and boxes of the Black Hills 168's (My Savage 10-FP bolt gun LOVES the stuff, and Savages can be finicky eaters).

Feedback Score
    Good choice, sounds like your happy, and that's all that counts.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Congrats on your new rifle and the good results!