Thread: Long Range / Butner NSSC Range

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Long Range / Butner NSSC Range

Does anyone shoot at this range?

It's a 1000 yard National Guard range north of Durham. The public is welcome to matches and can be sponsored by a member to become a member. I think it is only $30 a year for membership!

It is about 2 hours from where I live but I'd be interested in heading out there to attend a match or if someone here is a member, I'd like to go out and just shoot for fun.

http://www.northstateshootingclub.com/newindex.htm

Besides this range, I'm having trouble finding somewhere to shoot long range. I have a 150 and 200 yard range local to me but I would eventually like to shoot a little farther. Someone suggested that I join a hunt club and shoot in the fire breaks but that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Plus, hunt clubs are terribly expensive for someone who does not desire to hunt.

I really need to find someone with some land in eastern NC that would put up with me!
    Last edited by jeffreywt; 08-09-10 at 19:53.

Feedback Score
    I have shot a couple matches with these guys, Most of the time there are 1 or 2 walk-ins to the matches. Though i havnt been in a while due to change of duty stations been tring to plan a trip up the for the 600 agg match that is i think in oct. If interested in that one let me know.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great range and great guys. I wish FLANG had the same relation that NC Guard and NSSC has. Blanding is a nice range but not utilized due to extreme cost that were placed on us.

Dan