Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mesa Tactical Urbino (short LOP) stock for Benelli shotguns and Rem 870

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I pre-ordered one with Mesa already. Supposed to be coming in by next week...

Let me know if anyone wants my custom shortened 12" LOP Benelli M4 stock after I replace it!

Dennis.
    Post some pics or PM some pics of it, please.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Here are some pics:

I basically cut down the stock just above the main fastening bolt, then I added a metal bracket under the bolt that has screw holes for the buttpad to attach to. Then I attached a Speedfeed youth pad I had lying around which fit pretty good. I also added Velcro directly to the stock for a low profile and easily changed ammo holder.

In this picture there is an OEM stock underneath showing the difference in length. It makes a huge difference in handling!

Last edited by Dennis; 08-31-10 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice. I've seen a few other guys who have done that, but they usually have shit sticking out the sides of the stock.

Could I persuade you to post some pics of the guts? I'm having a little trouble visualizing your description.
    "Abundance of knowledge does not teach men to be wise." — Heraclitus

Feedback Score
    Bump.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Since I never seem to have any time at home to get a good pic of my short stock internals, here is a crappy hand drawing of what I did.

Basically, after cutting the stock I inserted a rigid metal bracket under the main stock attachment screw. This bracket has threaded barrels attached to it that the new buttpad can screw into. Pretty simple although finding a rigid enough metal bracket is important because any give in the metal will cause a loose buttpad. Also, there were some fit issues with the mainscrew being 1/8" or so backed out causing the whole stock not to attach correctly to the receiver that I had to deal with (but I forget how). I think it was just an alignment issue.

I hope this helps...

Good Luck!

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Let me know if anyone wants my custom shortened 12" LOP Benelli M4 stock after I replace it!

Dennis.
    PM sent.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dennis,

Thank you for the drawing and explanation! That's a much more elegant solution than the ones I've seen before!
    "Abundance of knowledge does not teach men to be wise." — Heraclitus

Feedback Score
    Any news on this stock? Is it in production now? Id be interested in trying one for my Benelli. The factory length has always been problematic and so far no simple solution. This may be the way to go.

Rob

Feedback Score
    Production still delayed. Will be sure to post back here once they hit the pipeline but I get the impression that it's still a few months off. Probably early next year.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Thank GOD someone is doing this. I love my M4, but the stock just has to go (way too long).

C4

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast