Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mesa Tactical Urbino (short LOP) stock for Benelli shotguns and Rem 870

Feedback Score
    My feeling exactly!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My M4 is my ideal shotgun in every manner except for the LOP. I can't wait for this stock to hit the market.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have an Urbino on pre-order with Mesa and talked to them yesterday. They said they are hoping to get production models in a couple weeks.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    If you're following the Urbino Stock Production Status thread over on Mesa's forum (http://www.mesatactical.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=811), you know that things are going slowly. The owner is doing a great job of keeping folks posted from week to week but I get the impression that "I'll have production models in a couple weeks" means something more along the lines of him actually having a few more MODELS in hand from the mold makers to evaluate to rather than having the merchandise ready to ship. As an example, his post as recently as two weeks ago read...

Yesterday I spent some time at the moldmakers. We have been concerned about the cheek riser, since with the current mechanism it can't be removed if the material is stiff enough to ensure it doesn't deflect during use. This has been an issue for a month or so now.

We arrived a solution, however, by going back to our original proposal for a mechanism to secure the riser. This will require a minimum of changes to the existing tooling. And it will be a much more reliable set-up. Should have stayed with it from the beginning.

Here are some close-up pics of the first articles. Note that they have not been textured yet.

And then just a couple days ago he was contacting Magpul for samples of FDE to see what color his tan stock should be.

So...I think it's pretty safe to assume that it's gonna be a while before we see these things shipping. Remember that there are going to be many variations of the Urbino (blank, tan, with cheek riser, without, with recoil pad, without, with shell holder, without, Benelli, M1/M2, M4, Remington, etc.), so there is still a lot of work to be done from what I've gathered reading the various posts.
    Last edited by AggiePhil; 09-24-10 at 14:04.

Feedback Score
    Here's a photo of the latest test model. Looking pretty good!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the update!
    "Abundance of knowledge does not teach men to be wise." — Heraclitus

Feedback Score
    Latest prototype, a tan model. Pistol grip will eventually be tan too.

Feedback Score
    Seems like that old adage rearing its ugly head again... "You can have it right -- Or you can have it right now -- But you can't have both."

Personally, I'll wait for a better finished product.

Thanks for the updates and keeping us in the loop.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just saw this thread!

Excellent news, and I'm on the fence. If they ever decide to produce a non-pistol gripped stock, then I'm on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    More good news. They just cut pricing roughly in half!

http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=152
    "Abundance of knowledge does not teach men to be wise." — Heraclitus

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast