Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A quick look at the Coleman 533 Stove

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used to carry this canoe camping:

I now reserve it for car camping and home emergency use. I take the 533 canoe camping now unless cooking for a group. Notice foods from the coffee food group, the Pringles food group and the chilli food group. Gotta eat a balanced diet. The 533 will burn the shot out of you if you are not careful how you pick it up after using it. Couple of other shots:

Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 09-09-10 at 17:55.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very nice. That Canoe camping looks like a blast! I'll have to try that sometime!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is the season for it, at least in the South. We are planning 3 or 4 days in the Okefenokee for Veterans Day weekend, for spring break, 4 or 5 days. It makes me wistful and impatient just to post the photos. About a week in the wilderness and I'm ready for a warm bed, some climate control, a hot shower and the thing I miss the most in the wilderness, ice water. Couple of days at home and I'm ready to go again. Alas, I have this recurring problem: work.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have the same problem with backpacking and work. After several days of backpacking I'm ready to go home. Then I get home and I'm ready to go back out in the woods.

Here is another of my favorite "camp stoves"
    If you look at the top right of the picture you can see one steel tent peg in front of the log. There are three more next too it in the shape of a square. That is also one of my favorite fire stoves.

And here is my country:

Feedback Score
    Nice. Can I come visit.

I'm still trying to get to grips with Florida.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You don't want to visit now, Its getting cool and soon will be cold. Florida is better this time of year

So Ive been backpacking every weekend for the last month.
    On my latest adventure I was accompanied by two friends who did not have any stoves. So, we all used mine. I can say that while Coleman's claim to a two hour burn time may not be entirely accurate, I did however manage to boil a total of 1.5 Gallons of water over the weekend while still having some fuel left. I would estimate that the stove used 75 to 90 percent of its fuel during this outing.

A non stove related comment. I came across a backpacker who was on his was to Maine from Georgia, via the Appalachian Trail. It only took him 5 1/2 months to get to NY Thought that was cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12