Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MY LMT308 has a nick on feed ramp, is this an issue?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO27 View Post
    I called them today and believe it or not the person at "technical" I spoke to was very rude. This is how it whent:
    -called in the morning, got transfered to like 5 diferent departments untill "technical" was the last one they transfered me to
    -Voice mail answered so had to leave a message
    -swansong with technical called me a few hours later
    -explained the proble to him and this is what he said"It left the shop just fine sir, have you called the store you got it from?"
    -I told him, NO, the box wasnt even opened untill it made it to my FFL were they were the ones to open it.
    -He then said you're gona have to mail it in so we can have a look at it
    - I told him, I would send a picture instead, because I dint want to waste money on shiping for them to tell me its not an issue, which the way things have gone so far with them it seems they dont want to help.
    -Pictures were sent and I still have yet to hear from him.

Up until now I always had good things to say about LMT customer service.

If the going gets rough I am gona make sure to write a well written letter to them letting them know how unsatisfied of a customer I was and that they may have not only lost one but maybe future customers as I would reciprocate this to other members of my PD who may have been interested in purchasing LMT's. But hey, not just yet, I still have faith on LMT and dont want to base my conclusion on just one grumpy old man who may have had a bad day.
    LOL I think you mean Gene Swanson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Here we go with another fanboi post acting like you are shocked and dismayed someone doesn't think everything about LMT is perfect.

- No one cares if LMT or Colt have military contracts. If they are going to sell guns to us citizens then they need to back that up with customer service OR have people coming on the boards to share their bad experience. This is not the 1st time someone has had a bad experience in talking to LMT on the phone. If they are too busy or don't care too much about "civilian" sales along with following the sale up with CS then they might as well get out of the civilian market.

- The OP has plenty to gripe about. If I opened a NIB firearm still sealed, and there was a mechanical flaw like this Id react the same way if I called the company, and they basically called me a liar or the shop I bought it from as something other than honest. Id be pissed if they tried to wash their hands of a flaw in their gun, and then passed it off as someone somehow being shady.

-FWIW the very first LMT lower I bought...the pistol grip "flange" or whatever you want to call it was milled off center, and that resulted in the pistol grip sitting off center so there was a noticeable lip. Basically the pistol grip didn't sit right on the lower because of the off center machining. Yes I tried multiple grips, and Ive bought several more since then. I sold that lower for a bargain rather than deal with LMT, shipping, etc. Ive since bought several more LMT lowers, and I have TWO that are off center as well but not bad enough for me to want to sell. So no not everything LMT sends out the door is fantastic ****ing perfect.

- YOU need to stop flipping out everytime someone says something that is even somewhat negative about your pet companies. This isn't the fanboi site where people get to spread BS , and be shitty to people just because they don't have the same opinion as you about a company, their experience with that company, or their products. The educated among us? I rarely see MRP uppers on here other than yours that you feel the need to post pictures of in about 30 ****ing threads both here and other places. I guess the vast majority of this site is uneducated then? Thats what you are saying isnt it? And then some snotty answer about a civilian like you? Who the **** do you think you are speaking to people like that? Gene Swanson? The guy's job is to help his company sell things, and I don't give a **** who anyone is they have no right to treat people like crap because they are a guy calling about a possible problem with one of his products, and this guy just happens to be off the street.

- Do you have an MWS? If you don't you are speaking out of your ass, and you at least need to preface your posts with saying that you do not have one. Judging by the fact you haven't posted MWS pics in at least 30 threads on the net you probably dont, and are speaking about things you have no personal experience with. Maybe you shot someone elses but thats not really experience to start jumping up peoples asses, and start making blanket statements like its the best 308 AR in the game. Really? How do YOU know that? Do you own a variety of 308 AR guns, and have compared them? Wheres the AAR's on your purchases? If you don't own the shit with a few thousand rounds through it, and don't own a variety of 308 AR's then shut your ****ing mouth up. At least preface your post by saying you've never shot one. You are making statements people read, and think are fact when indeed you are nothing more than a fanboi who speaks out his ass, and doesn't even own what the **** he is talking about. Take that shit to TOS, and leave this site for people who actually know what the **** they are talking about, and aren't gay ass ****ing fanbois who spout off shit they have no clue about other than what they read on the internet.

I’m not going to name any names, as I'm not trying to start anything. I'd like to point out that Trident isn't the only one that is proud of his guns and has a favorite manufacturer. I can easily think of several other individuals that make similar comments.

Moreover, I don’t think Trident's comments were "outlandish" or "fanboy" remarks - it’s merely his viewpoint. He’s just as much entitled to his viewpoint as you are… so why the fuss? It reminds me of the whole Chevy vs. Ford bickering. Guess what, there will always be people that support and side with each company.

Also, you told him to stop flipping out, yet you wrote an essay in response? Not to mention the "Shut your ****ing mouth up" and "who the **** do you think you are" comments.
    …who really flipped out?

On LMT - I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that KAC works closely with LMT. If that's the case, I think speaks volumes. No company is perfect – Colt, KAC, or LMT… they all have shipped defective and blemished products from time to time. Welcome to our imperfect earth.

Hope you have a better week… maybe make a trip to the range?!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm only going to post this one time, so consider it the warning that could save your access to this forum in the future:

The avoidance of these types of exchanges are why many people came to this forum to begin with. Knock off the juvenile bullshit. Act like adults, and start using some objective, or at least well supported subjective reasoning to make posts or points.

Nobody likes to babysit grown men, and when we tire of it, people's accounts just go away.

I'm not directing this to any one person, I am not taking sides, and I don't care to hear explanations via email or PM.

Consider this everyone's warning. Have a nice day everybody!!!
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234