Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MY LMT308 has a nick on feed ramp, is this an issue?

Feedback Score

MY LMT308 has a nick on feed ramp, is this an issue?

I just received my new MWS, as usual with a new weapon I striped it down and began the cleaning process. When I was cleaning the lug recess/ feed ramp area I noticed a small nick on the right feed ramp. It is kind of small and frankly I doubt it will ever cause any issues other than put scratches on the brass that I feed it. But still bothers me to see it there. Heres a picture of it, let me know what you guys think I should do. http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/IMG_2693.jpg
    I know its kind of hard to tell from the picture, but if you look closely its on the right feed ramp. Its not exactly "chiped" its more of the metal bent upwards as if it had been droped and nicked upwards.
    Last edited by OTO27; 08-15-10 at 13:57.

Feedback Score
    Even though I havent shot it I am almost 100% sure it wont affect it in any way, but just for peace of mind, I will call LMT on monday and see if they will swap out the barrel for me.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    You might want to secure your photobucket account a little better. When you link to a picture like that all anyone has to do is hit NEXT, and see everything you have on there.

And whats up with this one? LMAO

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/PICT0217.jpg
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 08-14-10 at 14:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    You might want to secure your photobucket account a little better. When you link to a picture like that all anyone has to do is hit NEXT, and see everything you have on there.

Oh my.

This reminds me of the time I made a video with Paris Hilton and someone stole it . . .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post

Thats just funny as hell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas M-4 View Post
    Thats just funny as hell
    LOL, I left those on there on purpose for all yall's viewing enjoyment.hehe. Havent used that photo bucket account for years. Those photos are from before the COD modern warfare series came out, infinity ward the maker had a "costume" contest...lol... the winner would get a free pass to the beta....
    That AR is my first AR ever! it was the shitz back then...lol... everyone was all over it

Any ways back on the topic at hand, do you guys think I am being paranoyd or should I send the barrel in? Still havent made it to the range, but it chambers and ejects just fine.
    Last edited by OTO27; 08-15-10 at 13:52.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO27 View Post
    LOL, I left those on there on purpose for all yall's viewing enjoyment.
    Sure you did.

About the feed ramp....call LMT.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSUT View Post
    Sure you did.

About the feed ramp....call LMT.
    I called them today and believe it or not the person at "technical" I spoke to was very rude. This is how it whent:
    -called in the morning, got transfered to like 5 diferent departments untill "technical" was the last one they transfered me to
    -Voice mail answered so had to leave a message
    -swansong with technical called me a few hours later
    -explained the proble to him and this is what he said"It left the shop just fine sir, have you called the store you got it from?"
    -I told him, NO, the box wasnt even opened untill it made it to my FFL were they were the ones to open it.
    -He then said you're gona have to mail it in so we can have a look at it
    - I told him, I would send a picture instead, because I dint want to waste money on shiping for them to tell me its not an issue, which the way things have gone so far with them it seems they dont want to help.
    -Pictures were sent and I still have yet to hear from him.

Up until now I always had good things to say about LMT customer service.

If the going gets rough I am gona make sure to write a well written letter to them letting them know how unsatisfied of a customer I was and that they may have not only lost one but maybe future customers as I would reciprocate this to other members of my PD who may have been interested in purchasing LMT's. But hey, not just yet, I still have faith on LMT and dont want to base my conclusion on just one grumpy old man who may have had a bad day.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    It's too bad LMT acted like that. The fellow who spoke to you sounds like a true ignoramus.

I called LMT about CHF barrels some time back,and I got the distinct impression that all they wanted to do was push their monolithic rail platform and gas piston system, with proprietary barrels. I had no interest in such an animal.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
    It's too bad LMT acted like that. The fellow who spoke to you sounds like a true ignoramus.

I called LMT about CHF barrels some time back,and I got the distinct impression that all they wanted to do was push their monolithic rail platform and gas piston system, with proprietary barrels. I had no interest in such an animal.

The MRP absolutely sells itself to the educated among us and LMT does not push anything to anyone let alone a civilian like yourself....as they are too busy making guns and gear for military contracts and if you notice you will see that Colt and LMT have zero presence on the boards and online where the majority of all other mfg'rs good and bad tend to push there gear.

To the OP:

SHOOT YOUR GUN, I am sorry but its ridiculous for you to get your pants in a bunch and respond the way you have esp. in your last reply. Did you think that LMT just threw that gun together and boxed it up or rather test fired the hell out of it like they do every single last product they sell. The guy you were in contact with, Gene Swanson, forgets more about ARs in a day than you and I will learn in a lifetime. For you to expect him to act like a therapist and calm your ocd down over this new rifle is absurd.

Based on your reply you have all but given up on LMT and arguably the finest .308 AR in the game and to think that its over that lil spec in your pic is crazy. You will be the first one with a MWS lemon and not only that but any MWS that is not passing with absolute flying colors....if I were you I would chill and actually shoot the gun and see if its a problem before you show your rear and get cake on your face once you realize that you are privledged to own such a fine weapon produced by such a fine company. I am sure there are a ton of folks who will take that gun as it sits off your hands so that you can buy DPMS .308 if it comes to that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast