Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Weight lifting: hard on the Central Nervous System"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Six oh Nine View Post
    lol no one answered me, what is wrong with drinking coffee?
    i do it all the time, if there is something wrong with this i gotta know!
    Nothing wrong with drinking coffee. I think he meant in lieu of proper post-workout nutrition.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer."
    — Frank Zappa

If the gun goes dry I use my knife. If the knife breaks off I use my teeth. I have only one rule - Start one job and see it through - The universe will have to offer someone else the leftovers. Multi tasking doesn't work in business or in gunfighting.
    - Michael de Bethencourt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Okay that makes sense

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Six oh Nine View Post
    Wait whats wrong with coffee?
    Sorry for my delay, haven't logged in for awhile.

Nothing is wrong with coffee, in the correct amounts and proper times. If one is trying to lean out, balancing out cortisol levels is huge. Caffeine is a big contributor to adrenal fatigue, cortisol spikes, and so on. So, a small cup of coffee or some espresso right before a workout is good to go in my opinion. But constant overdosing through out the day can be problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam0331 View Post
    I would like to know as well. Not trying to be contradictory I am just curious because I would like to know more. At what point are you over-stimulating, over-training, etc...?
    I guess the simple answer would be is that we weren't designed to "over do it". We are surely capable of doing long intense marathons, or lift weights until our hands bleed, but our bodies are better equipped at being intense at short bursts of high level activity, or long and very slow endurance (walking).

Granted, this is extremely individual dependent

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm
    Gosh, I'm 46, do long intense cardio combined with weights, drink coffee, and for some Godawful reason I am muscular, lean AND have tons of energy.
    Some are blessed with great genes..
    Last edited by Derek_Connor; 09-27-10 at 17:34.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12