Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My SR-25 EMC...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My SR-25 EMC...

Originally posted by KevinB:
    Now granted I do work for KAC, but this one is mine... all mine

COMP M4S until I can save enough for the Leupold CQBSS...

I shot a .435 group with the Leupy on this gun, but sadly I could not keep the Leupy

It has one of the first prototype "Super Tap" Enhanced Compensators on it, the production versions are a different more efficient design, and with our new coating.

I modified the lower with a captive take down retaining pin spring/detent setup -- bascially using a 4-40 tap, and cutting 1/8" off the spring, and placing a 4-40 1/8" long allen head screw that is blue loctited in place.
    Example of the work on a SR-16

The the MIAD can be used with any of the backstrap options without any issues.

I replaced the SOPMOD stock with the Magpul ACS, as the ACS drops back on, and the friction lock on the ACS makes it so that you have a very firm stock for shooting prone, yet a collapsible stock for shooting 'run-n-gun'

I have been waiting on getting a hard case for it, I toyed at getting our Mk11 Mod0 pelican kit, but waiting on a longer full gun case for our carbines.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    It's odd that of all people I'm saying this to you, but...welcome to the club!
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Kevin,

that is bad ass. I dare ask what a set-up like that might cost. That laser / main frame computer on the front of that Momma cost more than many AR's in total. .435 will get it done

Feedback Score
    That really looks good. Is it kind of front heavy?

I wonder why the factory doesn't make the retaining pin spring and detent captive.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    It's not really a front heavy setup at all, as Kevin and I run similar kit, just different PEQs.

Also only the MIAD has the issue with the pin position.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Surefire nicely sent me the parts for a X300 I was running on a shorty in Iraq with the Larue mount, I took the LT off, so my wife's G19 could have a X300, and it left a spare LT mount)
    I debated the lock from the SF light, but the DBAL goes over the area of the lever and given I'm out of the gun toting business, I feel pretty confident Mark's bare lever will suffice.

HH6 gave me a hand this morning taking some backyard pics - but she forbid shooting in the backyard.

Lots of pics - what can I say I love the gun...

Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Beautiful piece Kevin.

Those comps would look right at home on a Rheinmetal 1st Gen FG-42
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Question for KevinB: Why was there no comp/FH installed on the MK11 Mod 0? What made the change to FH/Comp on the M110/EMC?
    Last edited by thmpr; 08-15-10 at 17:09.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This thread really should be rated R....lots of adult material contained inside

So Kevin, what was it that finally convinced you the emc was a solid performer and worth your coin.....you being so iffy and all on it ever since it came out

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I know it's weird, Kevin and Trey seemed so non-plussed about these rifles

Considering all the photos, i think it's pretty obvious Kevin is jazzed as hell.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast