Thread: Surefire E1B vs x300 ?

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)

Surefire E1B vs x300 ?

I am looking for a lightweight and low profile light for my home defense rifle. I have narrowed down my search to two options at this point.

At this point I have a surefire G2 in a VLTOR Scout mount. I would like something lighter weight and lower profile.

I am trying to decide between a surefire x300 or E1B.

Ideally I would opt for the M300 light but the price point is out of my range at this point.

Which one of these two lights would give me the lightest set up ?

I am not looking for quick detach. I am not looking for high lumens output either.

If going with an E1B I would prefer an in line mount kind of like the VLTOR light mount but I'm not sure of which in-line mount would work. I understand Danger Close consulting makes a light mount which would work but that is an offset light mount.

Any input would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The X300 is fantastic at 12:00. Because of it's ambi ability, I do like it better than my M300, X600, and KX4/E2D on VTAC mount. When my GearSector mount for my M300 arrives I might change my mind, BUT...
    The X300 is still a fantastic value, and if you want something more compact than the G2/VTAC (or an E2/KX3 VTAC) then that's the one.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would avoid the E1B simply for the fact that it's a 2 stage light. Simpler is better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I would avoid the E1B simply for the fact that it's a 2 stage light. Simpler is better.
    Agreed. I ran an E2D Led for some time and the muzzle blast and recoil can and will mess with these lights when used as a weapon light. I eventually went in and disabled the 2-stage circuitry and made it Hi-power only.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For what it is worth the E1b With a mount (1oz. or less) would be the same weight as an x300, have less battery life,unless you consider the low setting of course and is not as bright.
    There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs to freedom.

Garet Garrett 1938

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Agreed. I ran an E2D Led for some time and the muzzle blast and recoil can and will mess with these lights when used as a weapon light. I eventually went in and disabled the 2-stage circuitry and made it Hi-power only.
    This is good to know as I was considering the lx2 for mounting on a weapon,did it render the light unuseable or did you just lose the low or high setting?
    There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs to freedom.

Garet Garrett 1938

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Very helpful responses thank you gentlemen.

Now I have a question about how much space the x300 takes up. How many rail slots does the x300 take up because I may very well end up running it at 12' but there is a possibility that I may run it at 3' at the end of my rail.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine hangs off the end just slightly the mount that is about 1/8 inch,
    and it takes 5 slots on my rail at 12 oclock in front of a DD fixed front sight
    Last edited by nar472; 08-14-10 at 19:58.

Garet Garrett 1938

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nar472 View Post
    This is good to know as I was considering the lx2 for mounting on a weapon,did it render the light unuseable or did you just lose the low or high setting?
    The LX2 has a completely different switching method from the E2DL.