Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shot out my 5.45mm S&W AR15's barrel

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

5.45 barrel

Hey not to argue with Robb but.... I used Sweets for years and then a buddy turned me on to a product called Wipe Out. I cleaned some bores with Sweets per the directions, and they were clean. i then used Wipe out and it pulled even more gunk out. Give it a try it rocks.
    Toxic Matt

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR7 View Post
    Hey not to argue with Robb but.... I used Sweets for years and then a buddy turned me on to a product called Wipe Out. I cleaned some bores with Sweets per the directions, and they were clean. i then used Wipe out and it pulled even more gunk out. Give it a try it rocks.
    Toxic Matt
    That stuff is awesome I need to buy some.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

buy some?

Robb, just remind me i will give ya one. I have a bit of a stash.

Big Pepsi

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    just learned a ton reading these last 3 pages. is there anyway of preventing that wall of carbon on flash hiders? i have a 14.5 bcm lightweight with a perm. attached AAC blackout

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Great info here, thanks for sharing guys. Have a BCM 14.5 at Adco getting the 1.5 BattleComp permed right now. Seems like taking the time to soak the muzzle end in solvent after shooting then going at it with a brush/pick would be time well spent to head off the carbon wall from the get go. Thanks again for the thread and pics.

Feedback Score
    I've been using Butch's Bore Shine as a carbon remover ever since Douglas Barrels recommended it as a cleaner during break in. I started using Butch's on my milsurps to restore accuracy because it removes every type of fouling. I've got a BCM 14.5 with a permed FH, so I guess I'll add a good soaking and some compressed air to my cleaning schedule.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Gold View Post
    I've been using Butch's Bore Shine as a carbon remover ever since Douglas Barrels recommended it as a cleaner during break in. I started using Butch's on my milsurps to restore accuracy because it removes every type of fouling. I've got a BCM 14.5 with a permed FH, so I guess I'll add a good soaking and some compressed air to my cleaning schedule.
    How much accuracy have you seen "restored?"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567