Thread: German DAG 7.62x51

Feedback Score

German DAG 7.62x51

I was shooting American Eagle 150 Gr. .308 in my LMTMWS 0.78 groups. Best I could get with the DAG was 3 inch groups. Any one else have similar results.
    I want to check before I buy more. If all are getting the same results and I keep getting the same I will look for cheaper .308 somewhere else. Shoot good besides the big groups. Pretty clean stuff as well.
    If nothing else the battlepacks are good SHTF ammo

Feedback Score
    Nobody with a MWS has shot this?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I haven't shot a LMT .308 yet, but those groups aren't out of line for mass produced military surplus ammo.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have some but I have not had a chance to test it. I know that I get approx. 1" groups with the FN, and S African surplus at 100 yds.

Feedback Score
    Thanks I knew 3" groups were within .mil standards. I knew others were getting 1 moa or so with S. African. Trying to find a cheap ammo that groups well. Although like i said good SHTF ammo i am going to buy a half case or so to set aside. Also the bullet coating is salt resistant.
    From AMMOMAN
    Cupronickel: (sometimes incorrectly written as "Cupernickel" or "Coppernickel") is an alloy of copper that contains nickel and strengthening elements, such as iron and manganese. It is highly resistant to corrosion in seawater, because its electrode potential is adjusted to be neutral with regard to seawater. Because of this, it is used for piping, heat exchangers and condensers in seawater systems as well as marine hardware, and sometimes for the propellers, crankshafts and hulls of premium tugboats, fishing boats and other working boats. A more familiar common use is in silver-coloured modern circulation coins. A typical mix is 75% copper, 25% nickel, and a trace amount of Manganese. In the past true silver coins were debased with cupronickel. Despite high copper content, the color of cupro-nickel remarkably is silver

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Also realize that accuracy is going to vary from lot to lot.....

The best surplus I've ever found was the Hirtenberger from Osterreich.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    That's true. I was just looking for a decent ammo that was not too expensive that i could use when other people wanted to shoot. My AE shoots under 1 moa and I have lots of Match ammo as well. Most of my stuff will be handloads once i set my stuff up.

Feedback Score
    I have some pmc bronze and some xm80 coming later this week. It seems 50 cents a round is the cheapest stuff out there?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    It seems 50 cents a round is the cheapest stuff out there?
    I have seen silver bear at cheaper than dirt for $7.29/20 and I recently picked up 400 rounds of 1980s surplus Hirtenberger from AIM for $160. Unfortunately I don't have an LMTMWS to try it in......yet.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    DAG is excellent ammo- I'm keeping mine and shooting the Port and RG.....
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers