Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlecomp BABC

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norinco_Luv View Post
    Have you guys tested the BABC on an AK??

It's coming. We're helping Tom Fineis of Raven Concealment with a project. Will know more after that.

There are a lot of AK variants, so it's all custom work right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane45 View Post
    Forget about the Battle Comp its self. Just in dealing with these guys sold me. After talking with Nick on the phone I could tell these are some really down to earth guys that stand behind their product so I bought one for my MWS. Once I get her spun on and to the range, I'll post my impressions.

Shane
    Thank you for the kind words. I am certain Nick really appreciates such comments.

Best,
    Alan
    Last edited by PRGGodfather; 08-17-10 at 14:02.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGGodfather View Post
    It's coming. We're helping Tom Fineis of Raven Concealment with a project. Will know more after that.
    I was just getting ready to email you guys about this today. I will be in touch with Marty and get the ball rolling.
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thanks for the info Alan.

Dane

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    OK, open mouth insert foot. I am in and ready to T&E the BABC. Ordered mine yesterday with hopes of it being here for the weekend so I can mount it on my new LMT .308.

I really hope these work as claimed. My rifle jumps all over the place in its current configuration. No chance of a quick follow up shot when scoped up and shooting off the bench seeing as it jumps onto the target next to mine every shot.

I really thought hard about putting a SureFire MB on it seeing as I had one but sixed the idea once I realized that the factory barrel was going to need turned down for it to be installed. 0.029"too big, seems someone has their head up their ass! Price of the SF plus the work and cost involved to turn the barrel down made the price of the BABC realistic even though it’s not attractive.
    I’m starting to find out nothing on the AR10 platform is inexpensive when compared to the AR15. Once LMT release some barrel options in the near future I will consider cutting the factory 16" down seeing as I will order something longer to extend its range. Yet another reason I decided to give the BABC a try.

I’m dying to run it and will post my results. Sounds like a winner!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A friend of mine told me "he heard" Battle Comp was teaming up with LaRue to make one for DMR type rifles....any word on this?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    what is the OD and length of the BABC?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lj_1187 View Post
    A friend of mine told me "he heard" Battle Comp was teaming up with LaRue to make one for DMR type rifles....any word on this?
    Your friend is probably referring to the announcement by BCE that LaRue would be offering the BABC as a factory option for OBRs, as well as offering the BCE lineup for sale on their Web site.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I talked to Nick and ordered one today. I'm heading to the range on Saturday to build some data on drills before the BABC. After it gets here I'm going to run the same drills with it on. We'll see if the timer shows a difference.

Any drills anyone would like to see?
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless." -Kenny Powers

Project Manager - Nightforce Optics

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    From Capt. Nick (who hasn't figured out how to load photos here, yet):

"Well, I was at Coyote Point today at 0900 hours. No wind factor. I was firing off a small carpeted wooden portable rest from the seated. The target distance was 50 yards. The totally stock Springfield SOCOM II (made for CQB) with stock nasty trigger and 16" barrel has an Aimpoint ML2 with zero magnification. Ammo was factory Federal Gold Medal Match 168 grain Boattail Hollowpoint. One full magazine (20-rounds) fired in about 45 seconds (I didn't time it!) and I'm 55 years old for chrissakes."

Here is Capt. Nick with his SOCOM II with custom BABC:

And here is his 20-round group, rapping them off quickly:

Feel free to let Capt. Nick know what you think about it!

Best,
    Alan
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    DAMN IT! BCE sent me my BABC for my LMT. Delivery was quick as I ordered on line seeing I could not get anyone to answer the phone. It came this past Friday, installed it on Saturday and shot it yesterday.

I was really hoping to send it back but cant because it works and it’s AWSOME! It is a very effective brake. Prior to installing it with the factory supplied flash hider I could not keep my rifle on my own target while shooting off a bench. It would jump almost two positions to the right at 100. Now it settles right back down and hardly moves. It also seems to have smoothed out the recoil pulse. Honestly I believe it’s a little quieter as well.

I know the BCE BABC is the best $200 you can spend on your AR10 type rifle.

Here's mine as currently configured.

Last edited by crossgun; 08-23-10 at 08:47.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast