Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: M855A1 presentation lists improvements over M855

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    We aren't signatories to the Hague convention. We voluntarily comply.

Also, if the mil rules that mk262 is okay under Hague, any TSX could be ruled a ballistic hollow point. Especially the 62 gr which is also a boat tail.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Not by a long mile... the sierra "Match King" bullet used in the Mk262 was designed as a true match bullet (that fragments depending on velocity, as many FMJ bullets do), the TSX as a hunting round (that always expands, even at relatively low velocities, most of the time keeps the petals due to monolithic construction, and penetrates deeply), and any ballistic tests will show the obvious differences.

Now, even if the USA has never signed the Hague convention, it has always respected it, so I wouldn't bet on a change of mind anytime son.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Not by a long mile... the sierra "Match King" bullet used in the Mk262 was designed as a true match bullet (that fragments depending on velocity, as many FMJ bullets do), the TSX as a hunting round (that always expands, even at relatively low velocities, most of the time keeps the petals due to monolithic construction, and penetrates deeply), and any ballistic tests will show the obvious differences.

Now, even if the USA has never signed the Hague convention, it has always respected it, so I wouldn't bet on a change of mind anytime son.
    Then explain Brown tip and Mk318.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Then explain Brown tip and Mk318.

Irregular forces = no Hague restrictions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mk318 and the other SOST varients came out of the desire for a Barrier Blind projectile.
    The KPP for the round was the performance after/through barriers.

In my humble opinion as this website can be seen by other folks not friendly to our cause is that musing about ammunition used by troops is best not done online.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Mk318 and the other SOST varients came out of the desire for a Barrier Blind projectile.
    The KPP for the round was the performance after/through barriers.

In my humble opinion as this website can be seen by other folks not friendly to our cause is that musing about ammunition used by troops is best not done online.
    Roger.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Lol I found some of these rounds in Afghanistan and had no idea what they where at the time. Someone uttered they where AP rounds for the ADM guys, and by the looks of the testing AP isn't ahorrible mischaracterization. Didn't use them so can't comment on performance.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415