Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Question

Do you now what you don't know when it comes to training? How bout weapons and gear?

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Do you now what you don't know when it comes to training? How bout weapons and gear?

C4
    I do know I don't know anything about the proper deployment of my AR, malfunction clearance, etc. I'm hoping to find some decent instruction in the local area, when I have the $$$ to do so.

I do have what I feel is pretty good dept training on hand gun deployment to include shooting while moving, use of cover, malfunction clearance, one handed manipulation (shooting, drawing, reloading, etc), weapon retention, ground fighting, and low light, although I'd like to get more training. We have had some training on room clearing and house clearing. But could have been more, alot more.

There doesn't seem to be much offered in the South Carolina area though. And I recently left my Dept. so I won't be able to recieve further training there. I'm going to seek handgun training first as I feel that a home defense/CCW type threat to be my most probable at this point. But do want to attain more than basic carbine training at some point too as $$$ allows.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    RD62- knowing that you don't know everything is a good sign (sorta' like a 12 step program thing...)
    Just FYI, Fernando Cohelo (the Woolrich Elite clothing guy) is hosting me in SC in mid December - should be 10-12, but they are not confimed.
    Go to my website for more info, or on Alumni or 10-8 where i post upcoming classes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Pat
    SC as in South Carolina? Will this be an open class?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Roger Greyman, SC as in Columbia (vicinity of) and yes, an open class.
    It is not yet posted.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I will be looking for it to be posted. I would like to try to make this class.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

C4
    Nope, but I am working on it. Which requires those that I am asking to sometimes put up with some stupid questions

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    RD62- knowing that you don't know everything is a good sign (sorta' like a 12 step program thing...)
    Just FYI, Fernando Cohelo (the Woolrich Elite clothing guy) is hosting me in SC in mid December - should be 10-12, but they are not confimed.
    Go to my website for more info, or on Alumni or 10-8 where i post upcoming classes.

Agree. Realizing what you don't know is a very good sign.

Too many male shooters believe that since they have a penis, that they know all about fighting with a firearm.

Personally speaking, the key to being a good shooter is knowing what you don't know so that you can become better at it.

Same goes for gear. I am constantly amazed at the number of people that make their weapon/gear selection based off of an ad or one of the many bubble gum forums.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pat,

Thanks for the info. I didn't see any mention of it on your site or 10-8 though. Can you provide any more info as to type of class, cost, etc. This would be my first training outside of the dept. other than CCW class, and I don't really count that.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Bell View Post
    Nope, but I am working on it. Which requires those that I am asking to sometimes put up with some stupid questions
    There are no stupid questions.

C4

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast