Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Could we have a Hunting section?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    I think the main reason there wont be a hunting sub-forum is to keep the 'tarded bubbas off the site, and honestly i'm just fine with that.
    Hey now I might resemble that remark. Actually I could see how that may happen. However, as strict as everyone is around here I think BUBBA threads wouldn't last too long. We could alwyas have a heading along with the title of the thread stating that "Tarded Bubbas Not Allowed".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Hey now I might resemble that remark.
    HA!! my nickname is bubba and most of my dad's friends still call me that...just something he started at birth for some reason it stuck (i'm in my 40's)

A few of my close fiends picked it up on it but it's mostly my elders & family who still refer to me that way. Funny that it took decades for me to realize it was used as a redneck slang & pretty common...just been dug in too deep down here & thought I was the only one.

I don't see this site as bringing in a gravitation of hunting goobers...we have a pretty tight group that does a pretty good job of self policing the ding-dongs.

I think what is most interesting to me how different the rest of the country hunts & enjoy seeing what other members are going after and in what kind of terrain...not a big deal as I know the mods are already burnt out on keeping up with what they have on their plates already. I just think it would add some value as I know some the respected members enjoy time out in the sticks.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Artos, thats a nice deer up on your wall. Did you shoot that in Texas? I got mine in Canada a while back.

It is interesting to see how differently we hunt in various parts of the country. I also agree that with the people we have on site hunting threads wouldn't be a problem. The mods do a great job here!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That deer was killed down here back in 1999....he green scored 175 & has 16 points.

One thing you will love is that his body was so small, the taxi had to order a special form. I think he was only like 125lbs on the hoof...the weirdo 8 deer, posted on this thread I shot this past season was the heaviest body deer I've ever killed at 220lbs and I hurt my back loading him in the truck (sucks getting old) He only scored 118 but I can now say I have two droptines on the wall

You northern guys have monsters & even good scoring deer can look small with their body size...I would love to get up there but I simply cannot deal with the cold.

It was 97 degrees at the ranch yesterday!!!!
    Last edited by Artos; 02-28-11 at 12:41.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That was the same year I shot mine. He green scored 154 and weighed in at 307lbs. I shot him about 2hrs north of Edmonton Alberta. Going back in a couple of years. It will be my son's 16th birthday and I made a deal with him to go. Booking the trip soon and will be paying on it for a while. Thankfully I've got 2 1/2 years before we go.

Feedback Score
    I'm so glad we don't have to deal with those things up north. Those things are huge!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My buddy at work recently took an elk trip to Michigan. That is some delicious meat, and lean too! He said that he added up his entire cost of the trip and that meat cost him less than $5.80/lb.

Thats my excuse for trying to go next summer!

* Bubba Note * --> Guy south of us killed an elk and tagged it as a "record-setting" whitetail. He said, "This here's the biggest fattest deer I ever seed!"
    Fact of life:

Although the EAGLE may soar proudly through the skies, it is very rare for the Weasel to be sucked into a jet engine.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well last night i was out-smarted by a dumb pig...or maybe not so dumb.

Setup on a feeder that a hog has been bumping and rooting around the legs. I've got him on camera for a solid month, every night. At 9:30 i shot a tiny piglet (with 16" BCM/aimpoint) and by 10:00 i decided to call it quits. I go back this morning to check the cam and damned if the problem hog didnt come in a 11:00. He's a solid 250-75, he won the battle but i bet i win the war!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678