Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could we have a Hunting section?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Could we have a Hunting section?

First, I know it’s a tactical forum and not a hunting forum yet from the robs "Bone Collector” post it seems obvious to me that many of the members like most gun guys are hunters.

Second, allot of the other "gun" forums have hunting sections. I know we are not like the other forums but why not have a place to share stories and photos?

So robs doesn’t get it. It’s not a problem; it’s an opportunity for us as hunters, sportsman and conservationist to educate. We have been under fire for ever and the hate continues but we need to be proactive and educate those who don’t understand. We are not going to change everyone’s mind but at least maybe they will learn something. It’s no different than explaining to your friends or family why you carry. While it is none of their business they really do want to understand.

Some of you will remember when Jim Zumbo opened his mouth negatively about black rifles in general. It just about ruined his career in the shooting sports industry. Through education and our efforts he changed his mind and now understands. and has apologized for his ignorance.

Train, train, train, and train for what? At least hunting lets you put your skills to the test. No shot timer, no complicated classes and no 180 to break!

Which AR owning tree hugger, save the kittens, animal loving don’t kill for sport fag doesn’t want to take that wild hog hunt from a moving helicopter?

A hunting area is something we should consider. Why not?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I'm "in"!
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm guessing some of the sponsors would dig it...I do a texas hunting forum & get my fix over there, but would be cool to see what other m4 members are into & some different dirt.

South tx is pretty unique & you weirdos who hunt in anything under 40 degrees are nutz...
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I would like this as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think it's a good idea. Even if folks are active, avid hunters having the skills to do so certainly plays into the "Preparation, Preparedness & Prevention" section. One could, however, make an argument that hunting-related posts could go in the "Fieldcraft and Survival" sub-section. Had I known that Bone Collector was NOT a reference to the film by the same name I would have put my post there.

Feedback Score
    Sounds good to me
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Although I personally would like it, not all shooters are hunters, and I would not want anyone who is a shooter but is not a hunter to go elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good idea. I hunt coyote's with my 6920.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I think it would be very beneficial to have a hunting thread.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
    Although I personally would like it, not all shooters are hunters, and I would not want anyone who is a shooter but is not a hunter to go elsewhere.
    They can

A) stay out of the hunting subforum and enjoy the rest

or

B) leave anyway if the mere existence of a hunting subforum offends their sensibilities so much.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast