Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Could we have a Hunting section?

Feedback Score
    Good idea.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Great idea! If it has fur or feathers I'll hunt it.

Feedback Score
    Yes, A hunting section is a cool idea. Add one more Yes vote to the tally.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Did anything ever come of this? Was it taken into consideration at all?

Just curious...

Thanks

Bobby
    Fact of life:

Although the EAGLE may soar proudly through the skies, it is very rare for the Weasel to be sucked into a jet engine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's been an awsome start to Dove season!!

We have an anual opener down here with about 40 shooters that come in from all over the state. Always on labor day weekend and along the border in what is called the 'special whitewing zone'. Birds a plenty.

Should be a banner year with 70 day season and up from 12 to 15 daily bag limit.

Pic of a scouting trip about a week before the hunt & the aftermath of that saturday. We ate ALOT of birds that weekend!!
    Last edited by Artos; 08-02-11 at 19:23.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    sign me up boss. Of course without the 200 posting requirement!

OUT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    It's been an awsome start to Dove season!!

We have an anual opener down here with about 40 shooters that come in from all over the state. Always on labor day weekend and along the border in what is called the 'special whitewing zone'. Birds a plenty.

Should be a banner year with 70 day season and up from 12 to 15 daily bag limit.

Pic of a scouting trip about a week before the hunt & the aftermath of that saturday. We ate ALOT of birds that weekend!!
    Sounds like a blast. I missed our first season this fall due to working WAY TOO MUCH overtime... but we have three seasons thru November (I think) so I know I will bag some for the freezer this year... eventually...

Our bag limit is 15 as well, and usually reached by mid-day around these parts. I lucked into a three shots-four kills scenario last year they were flying in so thick.

Have fun, and good hunting!

~Bobby
    Fact of life:

Although the EAGLE may soar proudly through the skies, it is very rare for the Weasel to be sucked into a jet engine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    shot this weirdo 8 i call corkscrew late Friday afternoon...one of the neatest things I like about deer hunting is when a stranger moves in. I had never seen this deer before & he should have been taken out years ago.

Now, we are on a big ranch (7000 acres) but he would have been hard to miss with this messed up rack. Also the biggest bodied deer I have ever shot down this way. Our area is really more of a desert and most bucks are 150-175 at the most live weight. This guy was 220 and he ran about 15-20 yards down into a washout. I had a heck of a time muscling him back to the sendero. 13' spread and 118 total score.

Still lots of hunting left and we are not showing ANY signs of rutting. I predict it will start around Christmas and trickle out the rest of the season.
    Last edited by Artos; 01-26-11 at 13:21.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Cool looking rack. I know he's not the biggest deer in the world but I think I would have to mount it because it is so unique.

Feedback Score
    I would also like to see that. I visit a hunting forum about as much as I do this one. So count me in.

Rob

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast