Page 352 of 357 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 3563

Thread: AK Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Vector Arms (2007) Zastava M92 ‘Krink’ SBR

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    ZPAP
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post

Damn, I love that underfolder!
    Last edited by Riley1980; 05-30-21 at 13:38. Reason: Add quote

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Damn, I love that underfolder!
    That may be the first under folder I ever wanted!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post

Nice!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Nice!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    G, thats a bad bad boy. Nice

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A couple shots of my SLR-104 taken at the end of a quick range trip a few months ago.

As much as I like this gun I’ve been putting more effort into my SGL-21.
    With the 5.56 insanity over the winter I found myself shooting the 7.62x39 gun quite a bit.

This is how it looked most of the winter:
    . Accessories included a Surefire G2X in a CDM barrel clamp mount and a Primary Arms Cyclops 1X prism on an RS Regulate mount.

Recently I decided to do a few more things to it. I got a KNS adjustable rear sight - because I wanted to quickly be able to switch between different loads of ammo with differing POI using clearly defined adjustment increments instead of the guesswork of drifting the front sight drum. I also sprang for an Ultimak. Although it’s not out of the question I might experiment with a forward mounted optic at some point I mostly got it for light mounting purposes.
    The CDM mount works fine but the fact you have to field strip the gun every time you want to put it on or take it off got annoying. With the Ultimak adding or removing the light will be less hassle.
    I’ll just need to get some type of decent offset mount. I have a cheap NC Star 45 degree one, which is fine for experimenting with this setup, but it positions the light a bit too far up in my field of view when using the iron sights.

I also stopped using the PA Cyclops as I’ve determined I’m not a big fan of it. I like PA’s magnified prisms but their 1x left some things to be desired. (The “horseshoe” around the center chevron is way too small and there is a slight fisheye effect that makes it hard for me to shoot it with both eyes open).
    Until I decide on a new optic I decided to experiment with the ol’ “caveman Eotech” concept of putting orange paint on the front sight for use at close range.

I also switched from the Manticore Nightbrake back to a regular ‘74 style brake. Although I’m not prepared to swear to this as I haven’t really shot the two muzzle devices side by side, it kind of seems like felt recoil is possibly lower with the ‘74 brake, but muzzle jump is less with the Manticore. I mostly just switched back for the hell of it honestly though, not for any real reason.

I sprayed the Manta rail cover with my best rattle-can facsimile of Combloc plum

You can see the yellow witness mark where I marked my zero for the 125gr SP I keep as my “go to” load. Ball ammo for some reason requires 4 clicks of windage to the right from the SP zero to be on target. That is identified with a white mark.

The “Caveman Eotech”

In the various gel tests I’ve watched cheap Russian soft points seem to perform surprisingly well. They seem to be *slightly* more accurate than ball too.

Last edited by Circle_10; 07-16-21 at 12:58.

Page 352 of 357 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354 ... LastLast