Page 293 of 357 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3563

Thread: AK Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
    Kilo 1-1 - what kind of mount is that for your optic? or anyone else know?
    Attero Arms Bravo Mount.
    https://www.atteroarms.com/shop/bravo-mount/

Last edited by Kilo 1-1; 06-22-16 at 17:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo 1-1 View Post

Kilo,
    Thanks for posting pics of your Attero mount. I've always been a fan of this style mounts for running a micro T-1 on an AK, and may end up going with one myself some day. Couple of questions however,
    First, is there any mention at all of a lower 1/3rd cowitness for an Aimpoint T-1 in the Attero instructions? Personally, I'm not such a huge fan of an absolute cowitness, and I was hoping Attero possibly supplied a spacer/shim with the mount for this purpose? I'm sure it could be done, wouldn't you say?
    Second, can you recommend any other similar style mounts such as this, that might possibly attain a lower 1/3rd cowitness with a micro T-1? I know I've seen several others over the years, I think even Polytech offered one years back, but I have no knowledge of how most of these mounts cowitness, ie @ what height they actually mount the T-1? I also know there are only a few of these style mounts which also include an integral rear sight, which would obviously be a necessity for me, personally.
    Can you comment on any other brand mounts which also offer these features? Thanks so much for your help. I've been out of the game for a couple/few years now, and I am trying to determine all of my options. Thanks so much for your help.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorhunter View Post
    Kilo,
    Thanks for posting pics of your Attero mount. I've always been a fan of this style mounts for running a micro T-1 on an AK, and may end up going with one myself some day. Couple of questions however,
    First, is there any mention at all of a lower 1/3rd cowitness for an Aimpoint T-1 in the Attero instructions? Personally, I'm not such a huge fan of an absolute cowitness, and I was hoping Attero possibly supplied a spacer/shim with the mount for this purpose? I'm sure it could be done, wouldn't you say?
    Second, can you recommend any other similar style mounts such as this, that might possibly attain a lower 1/3rd cowitness with a micro T-1? I know I've seen several others over the years, I think even Polytech offered one years back, but I have no knowledge of how most of these mounts cowitness, ie @ what height they actually mount the T-1? I also know there are only a few of these style mounts which also include an integral rear sight, which would obviously be a necessity for me, personally.
    Can you comment on any other brand mounts which also offer these features? Thanks so much for your help. I've been out of the game for a couple/few years now, and I am trying to determine all of my options. Thanks so much for your help.
    Sure thing. The instructions do not mention if it's a true 1/3rd co-witness. I wold say it's a lower 35-40% co-witness. The mount does not come with a shim to raise it higher. I feel the height is just right. I've also used the Troy gas tube rail previously, and was able to co-witness there with a lower 1/4th view below. Because the Micros and clones have a smaller FOV due to the smaller lens size, it could be harder to pick up the irons when needed. Other alternatives you could consider would be the RS Regulate Micro offset mounts. These are all good options, but the Attero mount seems to be the better value for your money because it comes with the integral rear and has a smaller footprint.

Better picture below to demonstrate how the Attero mount is not a true co-witness mount with the red line as a reference. A good thing, as true co-witness may be too busy of a sight picture with the T1 and clones.

Last edited by Kilo 1-1; 06-23-16 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Talking Changing furniture

I made some front end changes to an Ultimak with a 1913 rail gas tube.

Took the Zhukov off and put the K-VAR black poly buttstock back on.

Looking at wood as a possible replacement. Plum TULA AK 74 mag

Last edited by RWH24; 06-26-16 at 16:00.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Fresh new RS mount on a Bulgarian '74.

Feedback Score
    Beautiful

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Classic Steyr Maadi. Red Dawn style

Feedback Score
    2016-07-09 06.56.55 1.jpg2016-07-09 06.56.58 1.jpg2016-07-09 06.56.59 1.jpg

First AK as of yesterday. SAR-1 out the door with tax and bs fees for $660 with a box of ammo. No mag wobble, surprisingly good trigger. Only complaint is the nude muzzle.

Page 293 of 357 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343 ... LastLast