Page 51 of 357 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: AK Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Good stuff guys!

Travis, any information on the left handed cocking handle? That doesn't look like a "Lightning Bolt", it does look like a much better execution of the concept.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Good stuff guys!

Travis, any information on the left handed cocking handle? That doesn't look like a "Lightning Bolt", it does look like a much better execution of the concept.
    It looks suspiciously like an ACR/Masada charging handle... wonder where he might have gotten one of those from...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    It looks suspiciously like an ACR/Masada charging handle... wonder where he might have gotten one of those from...

They are from an ACR and they do reciprocate unlike the ACR.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLYDYNAMIC View Post
    Thanks alot Travis! Just when I thought my KTR was "The Heat" in this thread, you had to come and take the wind right out of my sails

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys... heres a little info on the gun.

First off I built it myself with the help of my buddy Estaban who makes phenomenal conversions. http://www.ipscgun.com/

-It is a Saiga cut to 12" and threaded 1/2 28 right in front of the Russian threads and SBRed with a AAC M42000

-The charging system is something I came up with about 2 years ago before all the other ones you see out there. As you can see from the left side the dust cover is not as open. Yes those are ACR charging handles that I cut and welded on to the carrier.
    They do reciprocate which it seems some people have a problem with... why I haven't a clue... its an AK?!

-Extended custom trigger finger Mag release and Safety

-Ace MIAD grip adapter

-CTR with cheek riser.

-Ultimak scout and lower rail (I welded the locking tabs in for a tighter fit.)

-Aimpoint T-1

-I drilled and tapped the Pig nose adaptor for a sling stud for the MS2 Sling.

-As for the Ranger plates I just took PMAG plates and mashed them on and modified the tab to fit. they will stay on even you don't mod the tab.

Pic of the guts:
    TRAVIS HALEY
    Founder | CEO
    Haley Strategic Partners, LLC.
    http://haleystrategic.com/

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLYDYNAMIC View Post

-Extended custom trigger finger Mag release and Safety
    First off, awesome Ak. I can finally stop drooling over that KTR03.

If you do not mind, i would love to see some pictures of the trigger finger mag release.

Also, I think we need a video of that AK in action.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I did SBR it. I bought it NIB with a full 16" barrel, like the ones you've seen but without the long brake. I filled out a Form 1 and sent it, along with $200, to the ATF. When my paperwork came back approved I sent it to Chris Butler at ak103.com and he cut, re-crowned and blued the end of the barrel. He then included his booster with it and sent it back to.

Let me tell you, that is one fun-ass rifle. I shot it at the Vickers Tactical AK class in June and it ran like a champ. With the additions like the Vickers Tactical/Blue Force sling, VLTOR light mount, G2L, Ultimak rail, and Aimpoint H1 it's my new primary carbine. I'd take it over any AR any day of the week! I like it that much and the 7.62 round has quickly become my favorite

M4- would it be possible to have Chris do this to a 16" '74 type rifle? I supposed I'd have to find that front sight base and probably a new gas tube, along with a new piston. It would give me a great chance to have the barrel rethreaded so that I could use my suppressor on it without worrying about a baffle strike. As it stands now, I would need an adapter made for that 24mm '74 break and that doesn't sound so good.

What are those standard boosters threaded? I wonder if I'd be able to swap between on and my PWS mount or if I should just save the money and not get the booster at all...

Thanks!

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post

M4- would it be possible to have Chris do this to a 16" '74 type rifle? I supposed I'd have to find that front sight base and probably a new gas tube, along with a new piston. It would give me a great chance to have the barrel rethreaded so that I could use my suppressor on it without worrying about a baffle strike. As it stands now, I would need an adapter made for that 24mm '74 break and that doesn't sound so good.

What are those standard boosters threaded? I wonder if I'd be able to swap between on and my PWS mount or if I should just save the money and not get the booster at all...

Thanks!
    I had Ted Marshall make an AK-105 out of an Arsenal SLR-105. He had to chop the barrel and replace the standard gas block with a one-piece unit I got from K-Var. Other than that, no modifications to the gas piston, etc. were required.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post

Thanks!
    Joe, that rifle is using a AK-104 type FSB/Gas Block. It's still 24x1mm threaded just like your AK-74. You could do the FSB conversion, SBR it, and have an AK-105 clone (uber hotness). A lot of people are running the vltor adapter/HALO combo with great success. You wouldn't need a new gas tube or piston, as the AK 100 series compact AK's use the standard AK length ones.

Feedback Score

More of Esteban's work:

Esteban built this one for me:

He also built a rather wild S-12 for me, but I can't get that picture to work. It is on the Saiga 12 forum.

He does really, really, nice work.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Page 51 of 357 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast